Mother Nature scared the cr#p out of me today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother Nature scared the cr#p out of me today

as many of you know, I don't drive my "toys" on cloudy days or in the rain...or even chance of rain...etc.. garage queen... and yes, I catch hell about it... but thats the way i am, being a detail nut.. i dont have to drive in shit... i have other things to drive... so why mess it up? LOL...anyway......

had to take the day off, my wifes father developed kidney probs last night and that put the family on standby..so she went up north and spent the night with her mom..in case they had to roll.... i had to stay home and take care of the 4 furbutts, feeding and all that...

got all that done... and around 11:30 am... decided to go to the dealership and check on something, then roll back to the gym which is about 5 miles north of the dealer. (the dealership is about 24 miles from my house due south on the interstate.

i left in the GXP...not a cloud in the sky...sun was out and bright, weather forcast said "sunny to partly cloudy"......

hanging around the dealer bs'n... and one of the mechanics walked up and said "ken..have you seen the sky?"...i thought he ment a saturn...i said "yes..i like the Solstice better".. he laughed... "no dude, look outside".... i walked out front...

HOLY CHIT

there was this low black mass moving right at us from the north.... you could see sun behind it...and on the sides... but it was huge... dark and ugly.

i bid everyone a good buy..and spooled the turbo and got out of there heading for the gym...

well... on the interstate.. the wind came up so strong van and some suv's were pulling off on the shoulder... it was a cross wind...to make it worse.. but the little Solstice held its ground... i was doing around 90mph.....only had 5 miles to the exit for the gym...then it hit........ friggin sideways blowing snow.......

thank God for those splash gaurds i got from pontaic and had painted to match the car... if the road is just damp...no standing puddles, i get no water splashed on the side of the car at all....

pulled into the gym parking lot . and sat there. ... thinking.....oh shit...what am i going to do...if this stuff sticks. i gotta leave the car here for some reason though... having looked at the radar before i left... i figured... "its going to blow over"....

so i took my gym bag..and went in for a 2 hr workout. 30 min into my workout..the sun came out again! now and then...some clouds... but not precip!!! everything dried up... the wind stopped. the drive home was nice...

all i had was water spots on the glass and body..no biggie... zaino makes em sit on top, a Calif duster when i got home then some z6 detail spray with my concurs micro fiber towels and she was back to pristine looks...

but..for the record.. i got this pic with my cell phone...... you that know me know i had to change my briefs in the gym.......:gr_jest:

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

That was some storm today wasn't it?

I was in the cafeteria at work happy that I didn't get stuck on the road. Visibility must've been terrible. I couldn't see anything outside the window.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Sounds like someone's been sniffin" the Alpo again...
      Al 96 Ram Air T/A
      Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

be glad you live there and not here, or you'd never get to drive it. hell it's snowed here the past 4 days.
        87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Those crosswnds + unexpected snow makes I-95 even more crazy. Didn't show on radar huh
          Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
          Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
          pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
            Those crosswnds + unexpected snow makes I-95 even more crazy. Didn't show on radar huh
            nuttin on radar. was clear as could be when i checked then left home... so was the sky.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
              I don't know what's funnier.... Taking the time to take a picture or not getting in you car and burning out like a bat out of hell.
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                I don't know what's funnier.... Taking the time to take a picture or not getting in you car and burning out like a bat out of hell.
                i knew it was going to blow over in a couple of hours... so i waited it out in the gym and it did.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                  i knew it was going to blow over in a couple of hours... so i waited it out in the gym and it did.
                  I bet you had no problem getting pumped up while you were waitin'
                  Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
                  X