The CTS Concept Coupe is sweet!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CTS Concept Coupe is sweet!

no way around it, this baby is sweet......

General Motors pulled out a suprise at the company's Cadillac press conference today. Sharing the stage with the Provoq concept and CTS-V sedan was the CTS coupe concept — a model rumored to be in the pipelines.

While still technically a concept, Ed Wellburn — vice president of GM product development — dropped plenty of hints that the coupe version of the CTS will make production.
    GM failed to mention what engine currently powers the two-door concept, but Wellburn mentioned that it could be fitted with a diesel powertrain.
    The CTS coupe shares its front end with the sedan, but the rear is a design all its own, highlighted by a center crease and the hint of tail fins on the rear taillights.
    The interior is also largely borrowed from the CTS sedan, but does feature some new colors and materials. Wellburn emphasized the coupes new highly bolstered bucket seats, indicating that the coupe's styling will match its performance.
    There has been no official word on when a production version of the CTS coupe concept could hit the road, but sources have long suggested it will arrive in 2009 as a 2010 model.

http://www.motivemagazine.com/galler...%20CTS%20Coupe

http://www.motivemagazine.com/galler...0Show%20Photos

yeah i just saw that yesterday, i hope they release that.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Nice but probably another one I can't afford.
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

The way things are going at GM...by the time I'm old enough...well, older, and my finances settle...they'll be putting out a 3rd gen CTS-V coupe.

Gorgeous ride...so stunning.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Why does every car the GM puts out these days have to resemble an F-117A?
          Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Those bumpers look Horrid at best . The rear is especially overlarge and bulbous (Chrysler Pacifica anyone?)and does not match the front well, as if it were chopped of an 4-door station wagon then mated to previous years CTSV's. The rear back-up lighting/accent lighting is too low, it will be accidentally kicked or cracked by numerous things. What is with designers and the oddball-ed-irregular shaped brake lighting that takes up weird volumes of space. All this screams from the designers is "hey they're different than others and that is all we care about" and that is the sole reason, not cosmetics - quit trying to be Toyota or doing it just because it's popular in the industry. I'd prefer their shape be geometric, regular shaped and away from the corners (inset at least) as they are an easy area to get hit. Not to mention the gas tank is on the passenger side .

And I doubt that these bumpers meet Canadian 5mph crash standards - give me that durability (I'd pay for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)... here in the USA it's only 2.5 mph what person can drive a vehicle at or less than 2.5 mph. A person walking is near 3mph and imagine that speed by a shopping cart -guaranteed costly damage by design!!!!

My Corsica has the gas tanks there and I tell you what, considering most cars have it on the drivers side, when I pull into a busy station, with cars , I am forced to drive to the nose of another car, and that car is blocked behind them from cars , making that driver irked at best and making me look like some mean jerk. Not to mention the extra walk around the car. That extra walk around the car, after having not to with all my other cars, slowly grows irritating is essentially a waist of my time leaving me question why it was designed there in the first place . The gas tank door on the driver's side is much easier to fill in and allows easier approach to a gas station, and saves time.

The clock in the middle of the dash - give me something else. why make it a centerpiece of attention
            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
            pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
              Why does every car the GM puts out these days have to resemble an F-117A?
              Hahahaha! Good Point!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Working...
              X