high blood pressure Q

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high blood pressure Q

Im 22,Im 6'1 weigh 205 pounds,and Im only 10% bodyfat,Ive worked out and ran everday for years,I look healthy,feel healthy,I eat good,take my vitiamins,i dont smoke,i do drink on fridays,But i have highblood pressure,I dont understand why,I take medicine but I feel thats just messing up my liver or kidneys,just wondering if any of u guys have had highblood pressure at a young age like me,or now why my bloodpressure's high, thanks
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Well how high is it? Do you have a number?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Genetics .
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

140-160/60-80, my blood pressure in never under 140 unless im taking meds or just went running,the other reading (60/80)is normal

Normal blood pressure is 130 & under/80 & under
        2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
          Genetics .
          yup. proven fact

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
            140-160/60-80, my blood pressure in never under 140 unless im taking meds or just went running,the other reading (60/80)is normal

Normal blood pressure is 130 & under/80 & under
            thats not real high at all.... marginal...and for some folks, normal. like me..i have a faster than normal heart rate..but for me.its normal.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Yeah that isnt the greatest number, but on the other hand it isnt terrible. The medical community uses 120/80 as the average (goal) number. Mine tends to hover around 110-105/70-75.

I dont think your diastolic (lower number) BP sounds right. 60-80 is considered below average and tends to follow the systolic (higher number). Genetics has a great deal to do with it. I calculated your BMI and it was a 27, which is overweight but I wouldn't put too much stock in that number because it tends to be invalid for those who have great amounts of lean muscle.

Recommendations:
              1) Get more sleep
              2) Limit salts and fats
              3) Cardio
              4) Yoga! - has been proven to drastically lower BP.

* It's good that you are looking at this now!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

5. Ditch the Mustang and drive an F-Body!

Man I don't even know what my blood pressure is.
                97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Agree...... genetics.

also limiting salts and fats.

Learn to play a musical instrument. Science has proven that actively creating music produces a spike in HGH (human growth hormone) and helps lower blood pressure.

Comment

^^ so does having pets.............the furry ones...

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                      lol...........I have 2 poodles,1 weiner dog,3 cats(ones pregant,and 2 huge lizrads,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ZOO house,I just feel im to young to have high blood pressure,it could be genitic,my mom was just diagnosed with high blood pressure,My dads is fine,I just want to live a long healthy life

Comment

Hmmm...something is definitely odd about your numbers. Typically, it's the lower number, which is your pressure when your heart is at rest, that concerns the docs.

They don't like to see it much above 90, especially at your age. But high blood pressure (hypertension) is not rare either at your age. From the time I was 21, I've had it. Finally, at age 25, when my BP was holding at 140/110, my doc said I either take meds NOW or she's having me admitted to the hospital (I wasn't looking too good either as my head was pounding daily and my face was always red). I'm 36 now and it has stayed at 120/80 - 70. Perfect!

Long story short...I agreed to take meds to lower it. Like you, I did everything right, but genetics were against me. I was an athlete, ate right, got 8 hours of sleep a night, etc,,,,

Anyway, taking the meds was the best thing I ever did. I initially took an ACE inhibitor. After doing a bit more research, I put myself on an ACE receptor inhibitor. (Avapro). I doesn't stop your body from producing the chemical, rather, it blocks the receptor sites so the chemical has no effect. It's actually extremely safe and has shown to have very little if any detrimental effects on kidneys or liver. On the flip side, one thing is cetain....uncontrolled prolong HT will kill you. So it's a slight risk I'm willing to take....better off than being dead, right?

One last thing - avoid Beta blockers. They can help you sleep, but have a side affect (LOL). The tend to decrease libido...hence, they are usually prescribed for the older crowd. I doubt you want "salt peter" at your age
                        Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                        Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

2 poodles an 1weiner dog keep the Mustang.
                          Blazer

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
                            2 poodles an 1weiner dog keep the Mustang.
                            Blazer
                            You could add a shitzoo (Shih Tzu) while you are at it.
                            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                              Should be ok then, got four of them
                              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                              X