A tragic ending to speeding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tragic ending to speeding

Next time you use the arguement that you speed in remote areas or where nobdy else is around, keep this in mind: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22856248

On a private road, no less. The arguement that some use to justify their need to push it. Sad.....

take it to the track folks, that way emergency crews are right there and can attempt to save your life.

They wernt on a private road.....they were on a private RUNWAY.
    2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

85-foot-high embankment at the end of the runway who designed this?
      what gonna happen when private jet can't stop??
      1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
        85-foot-high embankment at the end of the runway who designed this?
        what gonna happen when private jet can't stop??
        Im guessing it was designed to keep the planes from crashing into homes since the runway is surrounded by homes.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

i didnt know there were any 85 foot hills in Florida...........
          2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
          1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
          past rides:
          1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
          2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
          1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
          2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
          2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
          1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
          1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
          1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Originally posted by azkkn
            i didnt know there were any 85 foot hills in Florida...........
            Yeah, they are called fire ant colonies.

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
              Im guessing it was designed to keep the planes from crashing into homes since the runway is surrounded by homes.
              Yup. The earth embankment is right in front of a house. Cement covered embankment (blast wall) at the other end, right on a road..

Jumbolair

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
              '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
              Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

well atleast they did it on the runaway, most kids that age would have done it on the street. nick hogan for example...
                87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Darwin is keeping the gene pool good. At least no innocent bystanders were hurt, just the idiots that thought this might be a good idea. Wonder how fast they were going with 5 adults in the car?
                  2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                  "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Who the heck would want what is probably a multi-million dollar home on the end of a runway?
                    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
                      Who the heck would want what is probably a multi-million dollar home on the end of a runway?
                      the same people that don't mind hurricanes hitting their homes year after year...
                      87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

The hurricane threat is highly exaggerated. I've lived in Florida for nearly 52 years and have yet to take a direct hit by a hurricane. I'm more likely to get run over by some tourist from Ohio looking for Mickey Mouse.
                        Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Probably one of the people that owns a private plane and lands there and walks home.

Comment

There are quite a few neighborhoods where you have a runway for your personal plane, they are literally designed around that feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                              There are quite a few neighborhoods where you have a runway for your personal plane, they are literally designed around that feature.
                              I wouldn't want a home at the end of a runway, but I wouldn't mind living near enough to taxi a plane to the house. Say across the street from John Travolta's house.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                              '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                              Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                              X