Dilemma...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma...

I have a dilema... I have a chance to buy a brand new 2008 corvette coupe that I can get for about 15% under the sticker price. I don't know what to do as I'd probably have to sell mine as I don't have room for a 5th vehicle.

I don't drive my formula much at all. Maybe 1500-2500 miles/yr the last few years, so I'm having trouble justifying spending that kind of money even on a corvette.

Open to opinions...
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

id say go for it, and if it turns out u dont like it, u can always sell it for what u paided for
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Oh my, if you can afford it by all means go for it. The Vette is so far above anything else it's ridiculous. They also hold their value better than anything else to.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
        Oh my, if you can afford it by all means go for it. The Vette is so far above anything else it's ridiculous. They also hold their value better than anything else to.
        +1 Enjoy
        btw...
        Greg W. in West Michigan
        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
        <Motor out

Comment

If you've never had a Vette, you gotta have one at least once. The insurance is lower than a comparible F-body, and the driving experience is significantly better. Independant rears do wonders for tracking and handling. I really miss my Vettes, but in a family situation they are a bit impractical. You have to own other forms of transportation as well.

My favorite was a toss-up between my 93 Convertible and my 95 ZR-1. The Convert was a fantastic cruiser with the top down, the ZR-1 was a bruiser. Awesome handling, acceleration and more rigid structure than the drop top. Still.... the drop top is a priceless experience. Then there was my 79 all black with pace car spoilers and a worked 375 HP L-82 350, 4 speed, 4:10 gear. The batmobile looks with serious guts to match.

decisions, decisions......

Comment

Another vote for the Vette.
            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Thanks all... I'm still torn, and I have to do it by Thursday of this week.
              It's a 6spd and hopefully the link below will work..

I'll know if I can work it all out by tomorrow noon....

http://image3.autorevo.com/1001/pics...3332e800ee.jpg
              2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
              2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
              2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

GET IT haha

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Just do it.
                  Blazer

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
                    Just do it.
                    Blazer
                    +1 At least once in your life- Sounds like it is a good deal, if you don't like it (doubtful) you can sell it and get your money back. Cheaper insurance, holds value better, better engineering- if you can afford it, Doo Eet!
                    2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                    "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Well, it doesn't look to be happening... I can't get down to PA by Thursday to get it and that's when my GM bonus earnings expire and that's $1150.00 toword it... I'm bummin..

If you ever are looking for one, check out www.ferrario.com as Don has been great to comunicate with...

I guess we'll wait another year, and by then I'll be close to having both my rentals paid off and then I can use that money for the difference....
                      2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                      2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Well, I did a bad thing....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...221307469&rd=1

Now I just have to work through the details and arrange shipping.
                        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Heck of a deal. You'll love the car. Enjoy and be careful.
                          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Thanks.. And that price was before my $1200 in GM card earnings..
                            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

nice score, and u'll love that new LS3, they said the extra 30hp does make a bit difference

Comment

Working...
                              X