• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop wrecks customer's C6

Found this on another forum, though I would share:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1924211
    Dave

Independent AMSOIL Dealer

94 Z28 M6 - exhaust, K&N drop in, and lots of plans...

DD 98 Ram 2500 CTD (might be faster than my Z!)

That's bad.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Unreal.

Comment

That's bad.

Reminds me of my parents. When they bought their first new car, the trunk seal was bad and it leak water. They brought it back within a week of purchase to have the seal replaced.

The sales manager had a customer that wanted a car like my parents bought but he didn't have one on the lot for a test drive. So he took my parents car with the customer driving it for a spin and they managed to total it!
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

When he was asked to why he would even think about giving someone free gratis in driving a customer's car without the owner's EXPLICIT permission, he told me that he often returns cars back to his customers with up to 500 miles put on them.I hope all of you knew this. He stated that he "..didn't want to be an a**hole" to Terry since Terry did all of the work to our car and Terry begged him to drive the car and enjoy the work that he did.
          Wow! Just a mater of time before this practice bit him...I can understand having to drive the car to check the mods, but it sounds like the employee was given the car to go for a joy ride.

The local F-Body club forum is buzzing with this since the shop owner is a member.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
          '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
          Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

I remember dropping off my Crew Cab Dually into the dealer for service. It had a full tank of gas, and when I got it back the tank was empty and 500 miles put on the odometer. I was pissed!

A friend dropped off his Corvette at the tire shop for a new set of tires. What the tire shop didn't realize is that he put a data logger into the diagnostic port. It records everything. He gets the car back and downloads the logs........ it showed that the tire tech drove the car upwards of 120 mph repeatedly over a half hour period while in their posession. he prinited it out and took in to the shop. They denied it until he dropped the bomb on them and showed the print out. He ended up getting his money refunded for the cost of the tires and labor. I had to get one of those and whenever I am forced to take a car in, the data logger gets plugged in.

Comment

Good post. Too bad for the car. Looked like it belonged to a female according to the body shop owner's reply.
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I'd loose it.. That's why I never take mine in if I can help it.
                2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Freakin unreal. How can someone be so unprofessional??

Where can you get a data logger from joe? Summit?
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                  2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Wow...glad the child wasn't hurt. That is totally insane...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Here is a similar story that just happened yesterday here in my area.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/15160242/detail.html
                      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

wrecked C6

That........... is unbelievable. when i seen that after picture i about crapped my pants! I cannot imagine someone taking a customers car, for the weekend mind you, and not have that feeling in his gut, "is this a very good decision?" Well guess what, IT WAS A STUPID DECISION! I would'nt be able to sleep at night knowing that because of my "decision", I'm probably going to be sued, give my business a not so stellar reputation, and feel like crap for totalling a very exspensive car. Good luck to you, your gonna need it!

Comment

I worked at a dealership for a small time while I was between jobs about 10 years ago. It is amazing what happens to cars new, used, and in the shop. I could not believe how the staff would go out and just pound on cars. I voiced my disapproval repeatedly and I was asked to leave.

This story is horrible. I saw the owners response. He needed to pick up where his insurance left off...period.
                          '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                          '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                          '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                          '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                          '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                          My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                            I remember dropping off my Crew Cab Dually into the dealer for service. It had a full tank of gas, and when I got it back the tank was empty and 500 miles put on the odometer. I was pissed!

A friend dropped off his Corvette at the tire shop for a new set of tires. What the tire shop didn't realize is that he put a data logger into the diagnostic port. It records everything. He gets the car back and downloads the logs........ it showed that the tire tech drove the car upwards of 120 mph repeatedly over a half hour period while in their posession. he prinited it out and took in to the shop. They denied it until he dropped the bomb on them and showed the print out. He ended up getting his money refunded for the cost of the tires and labor. I had to get one of those and whenever I am forced to take a car in, the data logger gets plugged in.
                            Glad my dad owns his own shop
                            1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Working...
                            X