Hey Norman...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Norman...

Just curious, but can we take the pic in your sig to mean that you have decided to get yourself a ZR1 when they come out? If so, can I have your Z06?

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
    Just curious, but can we take the pic in your sig to mean that you have decided to get yourself a ZR1 when they come out? If so, can I have your Z06?
    You be right Todd. I've had a deposit on one since I picked up the C6Z in late 05. However, the pic in my sig is not a ZR1. It is an artist rendering of the C7 Corvette. I'd take one of them over a ZR1 any day. It's just dead sexy. What do you think?
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
      You be right Todd. I've had a deposit on one since I picked up the C6Z in late 05. However, the pic in my sig is not a ZR1. It is an artist rendering of the C7 Corvette. I'd take one of them over a ZR1 any day. It's just dead sexy. What do you think?

Im not picky. Ill take which ever one you want to give me............. lol

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
      2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

You be right Todd. I've had a deposit on one since I picked up the C6Z in late 05.
        What kind of deposit are are ya talking about??
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
          What kind of deposit are are ya talking about??
          Money, not blood.

Comment

I'd take one. But then again, I'd "settle" for a regular C5 with low miles.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

I miss the heck out of my ZR-1. I wouldn't mind getting a used one if it weren't for the hideous repairs of that twin cam motor. The starter on mine went out and thank god it was under warranty. The whole intake had to be removed just to get to the little beastie. Still.... it made a wicked howl at high rpm that the other vettes just couldn't replicate. The new one must be simply incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                I miss the heck out of my ZR-1. I wouldn't mind getting a used one if it weren't for the hideous repairs of that twin cam motor. The starter on mine went out and thank god it was under warranty. The whole intake had to be removed just to get to the little beastie. Still.... it made a wicked howl at high rpm that the other vettes just couldn't replicate. The new one must be simply incredible.
                I rode in a 1990 ZR1 back in 1990 and it was something different than what I am used to. It hummed like an exotic italian car rather than a growl like an American V8. It didn't sound anything like my 2002. If I could pick a car to have as a show/weekend car out of all the Vettes I would probably find a 90-95 ZR1. As an every day car you can't beat a C5/C6 but for occasional use the ZR1 is something exotic.

Let me know if i need to go look at http://www.buyavette.net/c710.html for anybody. It's only a couple of miles from the house and I drive by it every day on the way home.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                  I rode in a 1990 ZR1 back in 1990 and it was something different than what I am used to. It hummed like an exotic italian car rather than a growl like an American V8. It didn't sound anything like my 2002..
                  Yeah man. My 95 had the hottest of the motors and the selective ride control was sweet.

Comment

The LT5 ZR1 is one, if not the sweetest sounding OEM engine I've ever heard.

Comment

Norm, I agree. The more I think about it, the more I miss it.

Comment

You don't happen to have sound clips do ya?
                        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

When I had the intake leak fixed at a local dealer a couple of years back I wandered over to the showroom and they had a brand spanking new ZR-1 sitting there.

Yes they are sweet, remember reading about it in a magazine where the headline was something like take it to the track or send your grandma go shopping with it.

Is this what it sounds like? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Egyp4N-uA
                          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
                            When I had the intake leak fixed at a local dealer a couple of years back I wandered over to the showroom and they had a brand spanking new ZR-1 sitting there.

Yes they are sweet, remember reading about it in a magazine where the headline was something like take it to the track or send your grandma go shopping with it.

That sounds pretty sweet, and think...that was from the inside
                            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Black97

8k shifts
                              1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Working...
                              X