Been a long time...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a long time...

I just started posting again lately...and wow have things changed! I cant believe how a few months have gone by, and everyone seems to have a new toy. I had a motor build-up that took a while, and the timeline kept extending...kept saying "once it's done, I'm gonna post". Well it's done, and it's been about 7 months.
    - Ken has a Soltice!!
    - Norm is putting down over 600 to the wheels (not a suprise haha)
    - Jeff sold his Z and bought a C5
    - DetroitLT1 has a Mustang
    - Trash man back in f-body action

And the list goes on...Didn't mean to miss if someone else here who has a new ride. Well it's nice to be on again so hope everyone's staying safe.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

well im not exactly in the game again, all i got is a non running Iroc on my bball court haha. im doing a motor build 2 at the moment. im just to get a few coins saved up to get myself a set of Dart Heads
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
      I just started posting again lately...and wow have things changed! I cant believe how a few months have gone by, and everyone seems to have a new toy. I had a motor build-up that took a while, and the timeline kept extending...kept saying "once it's done, I'm gonna post". Well it's done, and it's been about 7 months.
      Great to see you back. Let's hear the details of the build!
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

solstice GXP, theres a big difference...LOL

welcome back!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Comment

Hey, welcome back. Good to hear from you again.

Yea, the twin turbo turd is clutch impaired. The car is currently at 7 psi boost and 12 degrees of timing. Its putting down about 720 RWHP and 800+ RWTQ but I can't dial it up any more because of the clutch. I gotta get me a twin disc.

Don't be a stranger.
            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

LOL, you guys are hilarious

Greg, it's good to hear from you again! How's the Acura?

Sorry Ken, GXP!!! I know it's a nice and quick car, but I never, ever pictured you with a 4 cylinder!

Joe, that's a new smiley! I love it My motor is still stock looking to pass smog. But with the current cam, just barely. The only thing visually different is the AS&M 58 mm TB and Spohn k-member.

Norm, 700+ at the wheels...lol...must be insanely ridiculous when you stomp on the pedal
              94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

LOL, you guys are hilarious

Sorry Ken, GXP!!! I know it's a nice and quick car, but I never, ever pictured you with a 4 cylinder!

Joe, that's a new smiley! I love it My motor is still stock looking to pass smog. But with the current cam, just barely. The only thing visually different is the AS&M 58 mm TB and Spohn k-member.

Norm, 700+ at the wheels...lol...must be insanely ridiculous when you stomp on the pedal
                I took it for a spin two days ago. It's just stupid. When I had the boost turned up to 18 psi, it was just nasty. I spun the tires at 120 mph like they weren't even on the car. The tires are always the limiting factor. I should be able to get close to 1000 at the wheels. We'll see. It's not like it needs any more than it has now. I just want some bragging rights numbers. LOL
                LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

The Acura is doing well, thanks! It's really a nice car to have while I transistion from the T/A to something else in a year or two. I absolutely love driving it.

I was starting to wonder where all the old board members went. Glad to see you back.
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                    The Acura is doing well, thanks! It's really a nice car to have while I transistion from the T/A to something else in a year or two. I absolutely love driving it.

I was starting to wonder where all the old board members went. Glad to see you back.
                    I know what you mean - I know I'd love driving your car too because these poly mounts and lopey cam are rattling my teeth out. I bet it handles really well too.

But I'm not married yet with no kids, so I guess I can live the impracticality with for now

Oh, and Norm, 1000 RWHP You're gonna need the chutes to show that down in the 1/4...that would be sooooo awesome to see

Comment

craig..

i'll be 61 next week...LOL... the last 6 years ive gotten into body building, and turned my two people rescue operation into a Defenders of Wildlife recognized National wolfdog rescue, fed. tax exempt by IRs..with close to 100 members all over the U.S. and Canada.... my driving consists of 40 miles round trip on the weekends and days off the the gym south of here that i like... all back roads....

never owned a vert, never owned a 2 seater, never owned a roadster. read up on this car, drove it.. and sold the gto for it... and have not regretted one day since.. i can keep it detailed to the max like i enjoy with less effort, its on rails, and its got nads...... a few little touches and its about as fast as my 05 gto from 0-60...... 4's and 6's with turbo's are the wave of the future in motor cars ... its a fact... the v8 is going to fade away.. i just started the transition sooner...LOL... i love the top down..

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                        4's and 6's with turbo's are the wave of the future in motor cars ... its a fact... the v8 is going to fade away.. i just started the transition sooner...LOL...
                        GM had a great motor back in the days of the Grand National. Still one of the most potent motors out there. Who would guess 500 HP from a 3.8 V6.

Comment

I know what you mean - I know I'd love driving your car too because these poly mounts and lopey cam are rattling my teeth out. I bet it handles really well too.

But I'm not married yet with no kids, so I guess I can live the impracticality with for now
                          Nothing wrong with a little teeth rattlin'.

I actually miss the impracticallity of the T/A. Being married with three kids usually gives me no time to myself. While I was driving or working on the T/A... It was like serenity.
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

Comment

Being married with three kids usually gives me no time to myself.
                            Believe it or not they do grow up eventually
                            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
                              Believe it or not they do grow up eventually
                              That's what everyone keeps telling me.

I'm sure I'll miss these times when they are older.
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

Comment

Working...
                              X