50th Annual Daytona 500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50th Annual Daytona 500

If anyone is attending, it would be an honor to share a beer in the FanZone and extend some Florida hospitality.

Disclaimer: This thread is not intended to elicit comments on the social values of NASCAR. Yes, I know I'm a closet redneck, and I honestly don't give a flying turd what you think of NASCAR.
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

I envy you...I wish I could go, but it's all the way across the country

Have fun! And I wonder how these COTs will handle Daytona in a 43 car draft...
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Have fun! And I wonder how these COTs will handle Daytona in a 43 car draft...
      Thanks, we are 62 rows up at the end of turn two, if they are going to have trouble that's where it's going to happen. Could be an interesting day, LOL.

Comment

i coulda had tickets but i passed on em cuz i didnt have the money ill be watchin froma 52" high def tv
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I no longer go with the girl in Florida. So I will watch Tony Stewart win it on TV.
          Blazer

Comment

I hope I can find a TV at a beachside bar in Aruba!

Comment

Won't be going to Daytona, but will be going to the Indy 500. My first time going to a "big" race.

Hope there's great weather and racing for both of us!!
              1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
              2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
              1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

Originally posted by 3800_Firebird
                Won't be going to Daytona, but will be going to the Indy 500. My first time going to a "big" race.

Hope there's great weather and racing for both of us!!
                Very cool, so far the forecast is 72 and sunny. Hopefully that holds out. Last year was miserable cold, well at least for a Florida boy it was.

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
                  Very cool, so far the forecast is 72 and sunny. Hopefully that holds out. Last year was miserable cold, well at least for a Florida boy it was.
                  Cold for a Florida boy is warm for this Michigan boy! Up here, we haven't had sun all month, and it's going to be a lovely 12* Sunday!
                  1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
                  2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
                  1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

Daytona 500

If you get a chance, theres a go-kart track right across the street that has a mini 500 track and the karts they have really move. I lived in Daytona for 10 yrs. and never went to a race. Of course I was a teenager so I had other things on my mind, but we lived about 10 miles from the track in Ormond Beach, and it was like you right there. It was loud,and tons of people. So we would take out the cabin cruiser and head down the Halifax river to get away from the noise and all the people. I kick myself all the time for not experiencing THE DAYTONA 500 ! Go # 20 fellow Hoosier !

Comment

Working...
                    X