who remembers this...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who remembers this...?

I am going through my basement, where my wolfdog rescue office is, and ..all my car parts, show trophies, junk, etc. and ran across this...

boy..those were the days....and this was before cell phones got big..we used two way radios... you wont believe how many pee stops i had to make for the caravan till i finally said "damn it ladies...you all pee at the same time or we dont stop! " LOL"

this article was written in 1998...10 years ago... we had a caravan of 29 f bodies and 17 Impala SS's that went from VA to GA. I had called all the State Police offices for the states we were going through to give them a heads up... nobody got a ticket..everybody was cool, no accidents. Gathering II of the F body in Atlanta... anybody here remember?

When we pulled into the Hotel Parking lot... workers outside were shocked...LOL....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Pretty cool.. I think I remember a post about this back when I started visiting this forum... That was 10 years ago, when I was in my mid 30's.....
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Hehe...I remember that. Can't believe I've been on this board that long.

Anybody remember the precursor to this board? it was hosted by the SLP guys...that's when Dave actually cared about the products he was sellin'.

Now that's ancient history...
      Al 96 Ram Air T/A
      Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
        Hehe...I remember that. Can't believe I've been on this board that long.

Anybody remember the precursor to this board? it was hosted by the SLP guys...that's when Dave actually cared about the products he was sellin'.

Now that's ancient history...
        well... the slp forum was a seperate forum from the f body forum... always was... it was first though....

ol Dave has taken quite a few different roads over the years.. He's back at SLP again now.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I was on that SLP forum. Man, I think my useris was TABAHR or something like that. That was a long time ago.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I remember that. Althoug I was in college at the time, and 3 years prior to my F-body arrived. Those boards were a hoot. I loved the old fbody board where anyone could of posted. Talk about chaos when it broke out. I remember back then I found out from the GM website that a company called SLP Engineerig was working on the Camaro, and found a link to the board off of SLP's site. I rememer, You and Jimbo (anyone remember this guy?) met up there for the first time, and had a blasst. Tell you what Jimbo sent me a Xmas card last December! Best of all everyone behaved themselves, people were bringing their Brand New 4th gens to the meet. I loved the pics that people posted up later. Anyone still have those pics?

Unfortunately, that event now reminds me of the person who perished, on the way back, after making a wrong choice while driving His Camaro in the gathering a few years later.
            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
            pics and info

Comment

I was on the SLP forum too. Dang, that was A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs

ol Dave has taken quite a few different roads over the years.. He's back at SLP again now.

Yup...now he sells stickers and other crap.

Unreal what measures he takes to sell "junk"...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SLP-S...6642QQtcZphoto
                Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

That is awesome Ken!!! I don't remember exactly but I've only been here since '99. I'm still sad that you don't have the T/A anymore - I idolized it...but I know you have a cool new car now
                  94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
                  X