9 second 2001 800+ hp DD Z28 for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 second 2001 800+ hp DD Z28 for sale

An Acquaintance, I've posted here about the buildup of his car, it putting it up for sale (to finish his house) .

Link to sale with pics

Trying to help out a fellow F-bod owner where I can (well technically it went 10.2 @ 140 melting et streets the entire track )
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Wow, funny you post that because I was looking at that car this morning!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Funny thing is that he went though every conceivable setup imaginable, except steam. He tried numerous huge lope Cam, heads, headers , the rear mounted turbo, D1 blower, true dual dumps, no cats, various catback with the goal of having a high horse-powered STREET car. The car was built up for the street and not the strip (if he did he would of went with stronger K-member as last time out when he ran the 10.2 he bent the K-member just from the torque alone). He even raced a TT'd Hennesy Viper and WON once he opened his electric cutout . Massive research, and trial and error was put into this setup to get it where it is. This iron block has Callies rods and is top-of-the-line. This car has approached 2 years under the knife alone for installs and etc.

Last time I watched at the dyno (before his current cam) he made 830rwhp on 93 pump gas. On C-16, and updating the 'puter to accommodate the fuel he has exceeded 1000 hp EASILY... Car is purely designed and tuned for the street to take a beating, not the track, where most cars are spend their time at whoever is getting it is getting a deal of the century @ 28K he has near 100k in time/money in it
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

Working...
      X