Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup........ turned 61 today, 2/13/08... just a number yall.... but it does make the mind stop and "listen" sometimes...I can remember, partying my (_!_) off well into my 40's, surfing..staying up late, getting up early, folks saying "slow down dude" you wont make it to 50 at this rate... I just laughed and said "I'll never make it to 50... chill out...I'm eating right and staying pretty good, might could do better I guess, but 50! damn...dont be talking that old shit to me...".......::

personal trainer took this with his cell phone at the gym today, so the quality aint so hot, said i needed it for "the file" since it was my BD...... LOL... emailed it to me a few ago.... so what the hell........ im posting it for only one reason, that one reason is DONT ever give up on your bod, don't ever say "its too late".....cause its never too late.. and if you work steady at it.. you can stay decent into the 60's and 70's easily..and feel good...keeping the energy level up...helps you stay young at heart and mind.... im shooting for the 80's by God.... I want to hear the e-room doctor say "damn...this old guy is in shape........get the paddles please....."

When I was a young teenager growing up in Hawaii... i took private martial arts lessons from an oriental guy down the street...he was 79...ill never forget walking into his garage for my first lesson...and he was hanging from a chin up bar...with one arm..doing one arm chin ups...... he's been my inspiration to the day......

so git it on folks...........the good Lord only gave ya one stalk to plant and grow.... keep it lean and mean!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Happy birthday!!! And many more.......
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Comment

Well happy birthday young man.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Happy Birthday, it is indeed "just a number". Some of them I would rather not do over....lol
        Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Happy B-day Ken.. Enjoy many more..
          2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
          1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
          2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Happy birthday Ken! Many more to come!
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

To one of the wise men on this board, happy 61+!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Happy Birthday you old fart. You are cathing up to me. I hit 61 1-21-08. You have a good one.
                Blazer

Comment

Happy Birthday (belated) Ken! You are only as old as you feel...... but when the numbers get REAL big, its scarey. I'd like to turn back the clock a few years to 61 But then I'd have to give up my Social Security check.......
                  Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Happy B-day I've read SEVERAL scientific articles and studies and they all agree that the secret to living to 100 is stay active! So if anything you have to be more active than you were when you were teenager! And that goes for the mind too as the term use it or lose it litterally applies there as well. Keep up the bodybuilding

Sedentary Lifestyles Associated With Accelerated Aging Process
                    How To Live To 100: Remain Independent, Avoid Disability, Research Suggests

You're doing everything right ... just quit smoking
                    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                    pics and info

Comment

Happy birthday, Ken!

You are correct that 61 is just a number. A very BIG number.... But just a number theless.

J/K

I wish I looked like that now (34) let alone at 61.
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Yes Ken, Happy Birthday!
                        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Happy Birthday you old far.........

har, de har.

Comment

Happy Birthday Ken

Getting old does suck, but it sucks less if you keep active and take care of yourself.

Now I was born in 1955, so if the car of my birth year is a 55 Chevy, what would be the car of your birth year?

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by RangerBob
                              Happy Birthday Ken

Getting old does suck, but it sucks less if you keep active and take care of yourself.

Now I was born in 1955, so if the car of my birth year is a 55 Chevy, what would be the car of your birth year?
                              Ken and the Model T both arrived at the same time.............
                              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                              X