No announcement yet.

The New Knight Rider being a PONY!?!?!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Knight Rider being a PONY!?!?!!

so its bad enough we lose david hasselholf as the BAMF beating everyone up but the they make the biggest mistake in the world they attempt to replace a F-Body with a dang Pony what is the production and entertainment world going to??? but the pony does look clean ill give them that hahaha. just wanted to get this one out there how does everyone else feel on it?
    94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
    94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
    75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
    1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
    GOT PSi?
    Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

http://f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20799

Doesn't sound like it will be on the air very long.

http://screenrant.com/archives/knigh...orri-1372.html

video clips here
    http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...ectlink&id=671

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Well. They can use whatever car they want to but I'm afraid this show will suffer. The problem, IMO, is that Hollywood prime time thinks this:

This was popular then, why not try it again with a slightly different, more modern flair?

Everything old is new again. We need new stuff that rivals the old without borrowing the old's carcass. Too much reality TV.
      1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
      2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
      1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

I like the idea of a car-based show. In it's time, the original Knight Rider was original, in line with what us as viewers liked. Today is seems originality is dead and remakes of everything 20+ years ago is standard, whether it be music (songs changed into remixed rap etc.) Movies (How many remakes of original ideas can you count) and TV shows like this one.

I wouldn't think anyone would complain if there was an ORIGINAL show featuring a Mustang or a Challenger. I think Hollywood producers have taken this idea of remakes to the absolute limit here of how many things they can "re-make" and crossed it just for a cheap buck. I don't doubt anyone alive today can write a better, quality show than what is out there today and using Knight rider as a mustang from a Trans AM just proves it. Stupid, stupid, stupid as they alienated those who watched and liked the original show. Blasphemy as Kitt as a Mustang.

It's time for Hollywood to wake up!
        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
        pics and info

Comment

they alienated those who watched and liked the original show
          I really don't think they cared. Judging from the number of Ford commercials that were on during the show, it seems the Ford marketing department is the one that revived the show. They were pushing that SYNC voice activated system real hard, seems to me someone got the idea to revive the show due to the way that system works and the fact KITT interacts by voice.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
          '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
          Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
            I really don't think they cared. Judging from the number of Ford commercials that were on during the show, it seems the Ford marketing department is the one that revived the show. They were pushing that SYNC voice activated system real hard, seems to me someone got the idea to revive the show due to the way that system works and the fact KITT interacts by voice.
            yeah those commercials were constant, they even had a 4 part commercial... if i ever do watch the show again, i'll tape it with the dvr just so i can fast forward through all the damn ford commercials.
            87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Working...
            X