An Apology to all!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Apology to all!!

Ecspecially Joe im truly sorry i didnt mean to come off as a cocky punk kid who thinks he knows all, i did not mean for it to be a last word battle that was kinda a little joke. i am truly sorry to anyone who took offense to anything in the last few posts. also i do appreciate the work you do for this forum page it is truly the best out there if been to many others and you cant even get a question anwsered i really hope we can put this dumb stuff behind us and talk about what we are actually here for our love of the F-Body. again I am sorry to all and thankyou that did help o yea and i did learn a valauble lesson build a faster car. HAHAH JP no honestly i really did learn alot from that mistake it sucks i had to make that big of a mistake before i learnt but we all have to learn one way or another atleast no one is in the hospital or morgue and the car is still driveable.
    94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
    94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
    75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
    1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
    GOT PSi?
    Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

good move.

i just read the thread.

there are some very experienced older folks here...(younger than me).... they have a lot of knowledge under their belts.....

no one knows it all, but nothing takes the place of experience ..1st hand.

regards.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

First off, thanks for the apology on the open forum.

I would encourage more responsibility on your part. I myself have "raced" others on the street, but just a 0-60 on an otherwise empty road, with near perfect pavement. After my family's nearly fatal accident with a wreckless driver this past summer, I've not done it. I value my life and others, as well as my property. An ego boost isn't worth hurting yourself or others. You never know when it could go wrong, as I think you found out. Lucky you weren't killed, this time.

My driver's instructor put it this way: Think of your car as a 3000 pound bullet, because it pretty much is one.

I step off my soapbox.

I think I can say for all of us here that we don't want to see any member here, or any driver, killed or kill in a race or high speeds.
      1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
      2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
      1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

Just some more words from experience. I have maybe raced three times since I started driving about 15 years ago. The LAST time I raced was a few years ago. It was just to 60 or so, but my wife was in the car with me. It was even her idea. She said "take him out," and I did. Then afterward, I started to freak out because of all of the what-if's that went through my head. I could never live with myself if I had hit someone or hurt the most important person in my life. I am 32 years old, I have made lots of stupid mistakes in my life. I definitely look back on them with regret. I can respect what you mean when you say that you learn from mistakes. I always try to learn from mine too. But just keep in mind that some mistakes, even when learned from, can have consequences that can follow you for the rest of your life. I remember being 19 and invincible. Just take it from us older guys, think before you act. You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders, it took alot of maturity to publicly apologize. Just my $0.02.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs

there are some very experienced older folks here...(younger than me)....

regards.
          that would be just about everyone.....................

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

There might be hope for you. As I tell my son, It's time to turn the brain "on" and start thinking about things before you do them. Speeding through a parking lot would be one such opportunity to turn on your brain.

Please learn from this and think about your actions and their possible results before you make a big mistake. Bigger than this last one.

With that, I hope you are able to get your car fixed, and I hope you are more carefull in the future.

Airbags can be found on Ebay, in the for sale forum here, and in the for sale forum at camaroz28.com. Good luck.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
              they have a lot of knowledge under their belts.....
              And some have quite a few doughnuts under there too.

Seriously,

The thrill of racing is great, it's the reason tracks exist. Instead of some impromptu place to run, go to the track and run to your hearts content. No police officers to give you tickets, no debris on the road surface to cut your tires, and most importantly........ medics are within a minute of reaching you if something goes wrong. It's all about running hard with the most safety possible.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                Airbags can be found on Ebay, in the for sale forum here, and in the for sale forum at camaroz28.com. Good luck.

actually im thinking about leaving the airbag out and replacing it with a tv and a PS2 for when i passengers on long trips i take atleast a 2-3 hour trip every weekend soo something for them to do. but i need the dash pieces cause they all cracked so i have to replace them all im NOT looking forward to it but thanks for the source
                94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                GOT PSi?

Comment

Originally posted by 1slo_camaro
                  actually im thinking about leaving the airbag out and replacing it with a tv and a PS2 for when i passengers on long trips i take atleast a 2-3 hour trip every weekend soo something for them to do. but i need the dash pieces cause they all cracked so i have to replace them all im NOT looking forward to it but thanks for the source
                  I'd recommend that airbag. How would you feel if someone needed that airbag there at some point and all they had to smash their head into was a PS2? Especially with your accident history.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

haha i get your point but soon that isnt gonna be my daily driver after this incident im gonna just start a show car out of it dfrive it very rarely and start dumping umptons of money into it looking good and a motor swap LATER down the road. thats the only reason i had that idea
                    94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                    75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                    GOT PSi?

Comment

till that day happens, throw an air bag into its place, u never kno when some1 could hit u. it not just u that you gotta worry about, there are other drivers out there and 99% of em are distracted
                      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

But just keep in mind that some mistakes, even when learned from, can have consequences that can follow you for the rest of your life
                        That's a very dificult point to get across to a younger person. I've made several mistakes like that myself and you can't take them back.

Way to man up and admit this one, that's a hard thing to do.
                        Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man
                          till that day happens, throw an air bag into its place,
                          I vote for an airbag as well.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
                            that would be just about everyone.....................

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

The apology is appreciated. These admins are the best anywhere, which is why us regulars will defend them like rabid dogs. They keep the place clean.

I know what you went through with your car as I did an equally stupid thing when I was just 16. I ran my first car (84' Grand Prix) through a parking lot at night to cut off one of my friends.

I hit an island and blew out one of my tires. Easily the dumbest thing I ever did behind a wheel. I was going about 70 when I hit. I could have flipped the car. It came really close which was the scary part.

I never did anything like that again. I learned, and it sounds like you are too. Good luck with the car, and I vote for the airbag as well. You can mount a tv and PS2 almost anywhere.
                              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                              X