the new G8 GT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the new G8 GT

a look at the new G8 GT and the performance it has.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.*

not too bad of a car if you ask me. a certain someone on here might not like the comment about the solstice though...

4100 lbs
    361 hp
    385 tq
    0-60 in 5.4
    1/4 in 13.7
    87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Ive owned a lot of performance cars since 1967, broh.......a lot. done a lot of mods over time, my own ideas and aftermarket.

ive also read and laughed at a lot of rag mags and the wanna bee journalists that write the crap up.... and read between the lines...

did he say "Solstice GXP" ? NO. the GXP is to the regular solstice what the Firehawk is to the v6 Firebird.....hands down, both in interior and performance..and the parts that go with it...

there's an excellent write up on the Solstice GXP on the corvette forum by a member who sold his C6 to get one......and reasons he did.

I made a wise choice with this toy... i dont regret a second of it... its a much finer tuned car than my 05 GT0 and any F body i have ever owned. granted, its a different class.....its a roadster.. a roadster that outperforms bmw, boxer, honda, and the Audi TT.... for less money.

Ive been in the G8.. its interior is cheap... im not impressed.... and its a 4 door.... that impresses me even less....

im a one person in the car dude.... at most...2....

wanna 4 packer to haul buns... the G8 would be good for that...

me.....

im cutting the twisties like im on rails.... let a G8 try and stay with me...and my 0-60 time is right with him.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

damn man i didn't think you'd take it so personal. i guess i'll remember not to post stuff like this in the future...
      87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Originally posted by MunsonGTA
        damn man i didn't think you'd take it so personal. i guess i'll remember not to post stuff like this in the future...
        Post all you want - you got a right. It does sound like a pretty good car. I also don't like articles where the writer is biased or just trying to be cutesy, and a lot of them are. I think its a joke that anybody would sell a C6 for a Solstice though, and I like the Solstice.

Comment

So far it looks like Pontiac's version of the CTS. It's probably worth a test drive.

Comment

Its a 4 door GTO/Monaro , still imported from OZ and GM will eat the cost and its gonna fail. Gas is skyrocketing
            2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Originally posted by msfyter
              Its a 4 door GTO/Monaro , still imported from OZ and GM will eat the cost and its gonna fail. Gas is skyrocketing
              \

honestly, if you look at its gear ratio and you drive it with some sence I bet you could get close to 30mpg with a manual. Ofcource that wont come out till later but still. The auto will probablyh suck but when the manual comes out I think you could get some decent gas miliage.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
              2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Hey I'll stick with the Vette.

Automatics don't suck anymore for gas mileage. They have lock up torque converters which make them direct drive like a clutch. I got 29 mpg on the highway in a 350 horse V8 automatic and a lot of that was through the mountains of north Georgia. Mine has the optional 3:15 gears too.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                  Hey I'll stick with the Vette.

Automatics don't suck anymore for gas mileage. They have lock up torque converters which make them direct drive like a clutch. I got 29 mpg on the highway in a 350 horse V8 automatic and a lot of that was through the mountains of north Georgia. Mine has the optional 3:15 gears too.

I beg to differ with ya a little. An auto cant skip shift from 1st to 3rd to 6th. now that 29mpgs is great. autos are made to shift at a certin rpm under sertin driving conditions. a manual will , in my experience , will always get better gas miliage drivin like your tryin to get good gas miliage. not to start somethin just my opinion.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
                    I beg to differ with ya a little. An auto cant skip shift from 1st to 3rd to 6th. now that 29mpgs is great. autos are made to shift at a certin rpm under sertin driving conditions. a manual will , in my experience , will always get better gas miliage drivin like your tryin to get good gas miliage. not to start somethin just my opinion.
                    I never said automatics will get better than a manual. You said autos suck and they don't. Autos now are only a couple of mpgs less than a stick. A couple to me doesn't make them suck.
                    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

didnt mean to offend ya. it was just a figure of speach nothin more.

current

Comment

i didnt take it personal at all.... i was pointing out the lack of "gxp" in the article...writers love to do that.... kinda like saying "the Firebird is slower than the Mustang GT"....well..sure it is... but the Firebird "Formula" is not...or the Firebird "Trans AM"...... they all do it.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                          Post all you want - you got a right. It does sound like a pretty good car. I also don't like articles where the writer is biased or just trying to be cutesy, and a lot of them are. I think its a joke that anybody would sell a C6 for a Solstice though, and I like the Solstice.
                          I too wouldnt think I would ditch a C6 for a Solstice gxp, but then... ive never been a corvette person...so i guess i'd never have that chance...LOL the only corvette that i have seen that i would really like to have is the new z06...and i see you have one... nice.... but they guy did a very good techinal unbiased write up on why "he did" what "he" did.... for "him"....

Comment

You just keep on posted what you will. Nothing you said was offensive except to those who chose to take it that way.
                            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
                              didnt mean to offend ya. it was just a figure of speach nothin more.
                              I was not offended. I was just pointing out that with the invention of lockup converters that there isn't much difference in gas mileage anymore between a stick and a automatic.

Something else to keep in mind that transmissions like the Borg Warner/Tremic T56 is a very close ratio ratio transmission. Comparing that to the 4spd automatic over drive the auto is a wide ratio transmission. When an A4 changes gears it like going skipping a gear in the T56. The A4 has a lower 1st gear too.
                              Here are the ratios.
                              A4 M6
                              1st 3.06 2.66
                              2nd 1.63 1.78
                              3rd 1.00 1.30
                              4th .70 1.00
                              5th .74
                              6th .50

Now the newer automatics that are 5,6,7,+ speeds are like the manual and yes you are correct that you can't skip shift in them but to me I am not sure that skip shifting really helps that much if any. I know they did it and why but they must have been on a flat prooving track to shift from 1st to 4th and still be able to drive it. There aren't many flat places in north Georgia.

Comment

Working...
                              X