Paging Ken**************

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging Ken**************

Not sure if you've seen it yet, but National Geographic channel is showing "A Man Among Wolves". Looks pretty good...this guy is doing some pretty amazing things to communicate with wolves.

Check it out...Saturday night at 10:00 pm EST.
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

thanks. if its the guy im thinking it is... he's kinda weird... most of us dont agree with his approach.... the wolves are smarter than that...they know he's not a wolf... but he's convinced they think he is... now some of his stuff he does, yes, they respond to it... i use those techniques as well, especailly on high content wolfdog rescue...

ill check it out thanks!

on our new 40" Sony Brivia LCD HD TV i might add... Hee hee..

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

did you watch any of it? love to hear your take on it.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1gxa-Dij3k
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I watched the program on BBC a while back. I think the guy is a serious researcher, but he is not a wolf.

Maybe he is finding out what early man went through in the domestication of the wolf into a dog.

He doesn't wash at all, so he must have an aroma. I don't think he has too many girlfriends.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

I watched it on the second showing last night (1:00 am...couldn't sleep).

Pretty intriguing stuff, but I agree, I don't think the wolves believed he was a wolf. However, his methods did prove why man and canine have coexisted since the earliest times.

At one point in my life, I studied to be a biologist. Over an over I read about how man and canine connected thousands of years ago. Fossil records show how we basically evolved together. Because of this, I'm thinking the pack accepted him as a human, but still granted him the privileges of being part of the pack. I was surprised to see how much control the wolves had over not injuring him. Sure, you saw a few shots of how they drew blood on his face. But we both know, if the wolves wanted to, they could have inflicted far worse. They seemed to sense that he was more fragile than they were and only used enough force to "give him the message".

I thought it was interesting too how he was able to avoid the eventual battle that was coming to be the new Alpha. Lucky for him...Poland called.

I've always been intrigued by the wolf. Their intelligence is really underestimated.

Coincidentally, my last name means "little wolf" in Italian/Latin. Being a full-blooded Italian, I take great pride in knowing that. The ancient Romans founded their entire society on the story of Romulus and Remus, the orphaned brothers raised by the wolf. Rome was named after him...showing how much respect and admiration they had for the wolf.

Truly a remarkable animal...
            Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
              I watched it on the second showing last night (1:00 am...couldn't sleep).

Pretty intriguing stuff, but I agree, I don't think the wolves believed he was a wolf. However, his methods did prove why man and canine have coexisted since the earliest times.

At one point in my life, I studied to be a biologist. Over an over I read about how man and canine connected thousands of years ago. Fossil records show how we basically evolved together. Because of this, I'm thinking the pack accepted him as a human, but still granted him the privileges of being part of the pack. I was surprised to see how much control the wolves had over not injuring him. Sure, you saw a few shots of how they drew blood on his face. But we both know, if the wolves wanted to, they could have inflicted far worse. They seemed to sense that he was more fragile than they were and only used enough force to "give him the message".

I thought it was interesting too how he was able to avoid the eventual battle that was coming to be the new Alpha. Lucky for him...Poland called.

I've always been intrigued by the wolf. Their intelligence is really underestimated.

Coincidentally, my last name means "little wolf" in Italian/Latin. Being a full-blooded Italian, I take great pride in knowing that. The ancient Romans founded their entire society on the story of Romulus and Remus, the orphaned brothers raised by the wolf. Rome was named after him...showing how much respect and admiration they had for the wolf.

Truly a remarkable animal...
              good write up. as you know, i love the wolf. on many occassions, with wolfdogs, my own, rescue, and even pure wolves, i have had to act like a wolf instead of a human for correction. Keona especially... sometimes, thats all that will work. to see me bare my teeth and growl and back her down, makes mary laugh... but hey...its works... im alpha

Comment

Working...
              X