Hello, Moderators? Moderators?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, Moderators? Moderators?

Would one of the moderators please tell me why I keep getting banned?

I would send an e-mail to ask but, of course, the contact links don't work.

By the way, thanks for unbanning me . . . again.
    R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

I see no reason why you would be banned. I checked your IP and it doesn't show up on the banned list so I have no clue what is going on.

Comment

Roger you were a bad boy when you were young an now you are paying for it.
      Blazer

Comment

I think its your computer, Roger... dont ask me why.. but its not happening to anyone else here... and like Joe said, your IP is ok... you gots a spyware or virus...get some antibiotics for that thing...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

If you happen to use an anonamizer, you would likely hit a blocked IP from time to time. There are entire IP ranges that are blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            If you happen to use an anonamizer, you would likely hit a blocked IP from time to time. There are entire IP ranges that are blocked.
            i used an anonamizer one time... it gave me a headache in the morning and i was fussy all d@mn day too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

I just thought I would post an update for you Roger.

Every day there are numerous spammers that attempt to register on the board for the sole purpose of posting stupid advertisements. There are entire IP ranges that are blocked from accessing the board. Most these IP ranges are from foreign countries where we know the odds of a Camaro and Firebird enthusiast registering are about as high as winning the lottery. So.... those Ip ranges are blocked. Spammers now are attempting to use proxy servers, spoofed IPs via an anonamizer and a few other tricks that I won't divulge as we're successful in beating them to the punch.

If you use an anonamizor, you will likely hit blocks from time to time. It's also possible that your acutal IP my inadvertantly get blocked from time to time, it's an easy fix if you drop me an email.

Comment

Understood. I hate spammers, too.

Thanks for getting me back on the Board.

And "Hello" to everyone.
                R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger in Kensington
                  the contact links don't work.

And that is because they are temporarily disabled. The SOBs were even spamming the admins by using the contact links.

Comment

And folks have to admit it.......

when is the last time a spammer made it all the way to the forum and was able to post an ad?

Comment

dern... he got back in......... he needs to give up his part time spam job and stay here!

Comment

How is it that I am subjected to such abuse?

How long, O Lord? How long?
                        R.i.K.

Comment

I am also getting banned from work. I'll get the IP and write it down.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Let a couple through, Joe... I'm running low on Asian skin care products.
                            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
                              I am also getting banned from work. I'll get the IP and write it down.
                              Send me an e-mail and I'll sort it out.

Originally posted by Roger in Kensington
                              How is it that I am subjected to such abuse?

How long, O Lord? How long?
                              See...... there is more than one who gets picked on.

Originally posted by Steel2686
                              Let a couple through, Joe... I'm running low on Aisan skin care products.
                              It's pathetic how persistant they are. Some of them continue to register over and over, all that happens is they get denied.

Comment

Working...
                              X