Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say hello to my little friend!

I picked him up yesterday. Four months old 100% purebred German Shepherd

I haven't named him yet..still working on it.

He's going to be a big boy when he grows up.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Awesome dog, DJ!

My cousin is into breeding German Shepards now. She and her husband have four. Their first litter is due in late April. German Shepards are great dogs for so many reasons. Great with kids... good gaurd dogs... overall excellent companions.

Good luck with him and let us know the name.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Congrats

How about Shadow for a name... as a owner of a German Sheopard/Doberman Pinscer mix I can say that he will effectively BE your shadow Sheopards are supremely loyal to their masters as it is their nature. Just don't make a big deal of when you come home or leave as to prevent separation anxiety as a side effect of the personality trait.
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

He's cute. With them ears, I'll bet he can pick up sounds from miles away.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

House train him by putting him in a kennel container at night. They are smart and it only takes 3 days.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

During his accident time, you can pick up a product called Natures Miracle. My sisters, one is a vet and the other is a retired pet store owner, turned me onto it. It will penetrate and leave no smell whatsoever. You can get it at any major pet supply store or just search online.
            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Wow...gorgeous pup. Name him DJ!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                During his accident time, you can pick up a product called Natures Miracle. My sisters, one is a vet and the other is a retired pet store owner, turned me onto it. It will penetrate and leave no smell whatsoever. You can get it at any major pet supply store or just search online.
                I second Norm!

They also have a skunk odor remover that does wonders. It's a powder that you sprinkle on the dog if they were sprayed by a skunk. The next morning.... Smells gone! My Golden is a bit curious and happened upon a skunk last year. I wish I could say she learned, but I'm sure she hasn't.
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

Comment

Thanks guys! I always wanted a German Shepherd pup for years.

I think I'm going to name him Hercules. I have a feeling he's going to get pretty big!

Bob, I took your advice and bought a kennel container. I have to keep him on a plan. No food or drink in the container and always have a divider in.

Norman, I went to a pet store and picked up a bottle of Nature's Miracle. Heard a lot of good things about it.

Here's a couple more from my cell phone today:

Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

That's awesome DJ... I always wanted a GS...
                    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

My mom has a purebred german sheppard. She's 2 years old and about 85 lbs. Her name is Roxy. Love those dogs to death. Only thing is we always get asked if she is a "k-9" but i guess you'll get that more than we do
                      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Wow! He is a cutie. I have wanted a GS since I was a kid. I can't remember the name of it but there was a tv show that I loved that involved a K-9 GS and his partner...Hercules will suit him well. Herc for short?
                        Greg W. in West Michigan
                        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                        <Motor out

Comment

I have a German Shepard/husky mix. she is a sweetheart named daisy. Beautiful dogs!

What about Pheonix
                          -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
                          2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                            I second Norm!

They also have a skunk odor remover that does wonders. It's a powder that you sprinkle on the dog if they were sprayed by a skunk. The next morning.... Smells gone!
                            A guy down the street from me had a dog that chased a skunk into his house......
                            lol
                            -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
                            2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Originally posted by sk8boy7789
                              A guy down the street from me had a dog that chased a skunk into his house......
                              lol
                              Yikes.

This was the first time I've had any of my dogs sprayed by a skunk before.

The funny thing is, she was more than likely just checking the skunk out. She never barks at birds or squirrels. Doesn't even chase them if they are near her. She'll stare at them, but that's about it.

Having one go into the house must have been fun.
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

Comment

Working...
                              X