New toy is home..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy is home..

I was looking at this last week before I went for the vette. Since the vette couldn't be sold in NY, I went after this... It was also 25K less..

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562792157blMchQ

It's a 2005 GTO A4 with 17K miles on it. It's spotless and it has 16 months of factory warranty left. It was sold new in August of 2006. I ended up getting it for 18K..

Now... I need to update my sig...
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

sweet ride!! enjoy!!!!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

carefull...it can get away from ya real quick. Mine never did.. but we have lost a ton of cars on ls1gto.com.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Looks like a very clean car and a good deal.

You just bought the car that I've thought could be turned into the ultimate "sleeper". I've always wanted a silver car, but never had one in 50 years of driving. My thoughts (and I'm not suggesting YOU should do this - just what I've been fantasizing about) would be to replace the hood with one with no scoops, remove the spoiler, pull the badges and any ground effects (and the black side stripe and black bumper valence on yours) and make is look like a G5 coupe to the hopelessly uninformed. Then drop a Magnacharger on it for some added fun. I doubt anyone would suspect it with a balding old fart with a white beard driving (no, not Ken... he doesn't have a white beard)......

Thanks for keeping the GM performance car alive and wll, and in the hands of a true enthusiast. Good luck!!
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer

You just bought the car that I've thought could be turned into the ultimate "sleeper". I've always wanted a silver car, but never had one in 50 years of driving. My thoughts (and I'm not suggesting YOU should do this - just what I've been fantasizing about) would be to replace the hood with one with no scoops, remove the spoiler, pull the badges and any ground effects (and the black side stripe and black bumper valence on yours) and make is look like a G5 coupe to the hopelessly uninformed. Then drop a Magnacharger on it for some added fun. I doubt anyone would suspect it with a balding old fart with a white beard driving (no, not Ken... he doesn't have a white beard)......

Thanks for keeping the GM performance car alive and wll, and in the hands of a true enthusiast. Good luck!!
          Haha, you sound like a kid building a Christmas list...I love it! Nice idea btw

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Thanks all!
            Ken - Gave me some advice before buying it... Thanks!

Fred - I'm thinking of pulling all the badges to disguise it somewhat.

I'm also going to start the mods with a CAI and catback. More to come...
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Congratulations. Enjoy the ride.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer

I think it would be even better it you put G5 badges on it.
                '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
                '00 T/A Silver
                '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

I would be the type to remove all the extra badges for a completely clean look. I might put 5.7 emblems though.

Comment

I think if you pull all the badges, people won't know what it is..
                    And like they said in the movie Blazing Saddles

"We don't need no stinkin badges....."
                    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

has the rear alignment issue been fixed on the car yet?
                      87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

What alignment issue? I haven't read anything about that on the web...

Thanks
                        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)

Comment

Congrats! Nice color to boot, although I'm a bit biased.
                          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                          X