Taking my series 6 exam...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking my series 6 exam...

Taking my series 6 exam. It's 1 of the exams I need to discuss investment products and it will allow me to sell limited investment products such as variable life, variable annuities, mutual funds, etc...

I'm so nervous, I wish I scheduled it for early in the morning instead of afternoon! I take it at 5:30 today. The suspense is killing me. I know a lot of people that have failed it. I've studied hard though, and I feel like I know what I need to know to pass, but there's so much to this stuff. I hope I can hack it.

Wish me luck guys!
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

good luck and take a quick scan be4 of the test be4 u start, sometimes the answers are also part of a question later on
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Good luck..if you studied hard enough and you are confident it should be "money in the bank" haha

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Good luck with your test and your future endeavor.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

ACED IT BOYZ!!

Thanks Norm. Out of curiosity, do you have a series 7? I'm doing very well at NYL, especially for being a brand new agent. Building my business off of cold calling, first new org (recent hire) agent to get my series 6, and one of the fastest for a new agent ever to come in and get it out of the way. My window to take this test just opened this past monday, and I scheduled it for today. I've made over $2500 in comission and have written 7 cases in the past month and a half, all off cold calling. I'm aiming to be a partner in the company by the next year or 2. You need a 7 to do that though.

What certs do you have, Norm? 63 is next on my list.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

good luck with the test and you cant sell me any.. already got NYL LI and LTC
              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
              pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
                good luck with the test and you cant sell me any.. already got NYL LI and LTC
                Good for you man. Were you cold called? What kind of policy do you have?

We're one of the only companies to have never increased our LTC rates.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                  Good for you man. Were you cold called? What kind of policy do you have?

We're one of the only companies to have never increased our LTC rates.

I went to THEM Got universal LI (select preferred ) as fear that what my late mother had is inheritable and wanted it before IF any of us siblings get diagnosed later on in life neurological in nature that would increase costs or prevent me from getting it altogether . Due to family medical history it was a wise thing to do at the time

Got the long term care also as we watched our mothers final 5+ years (she pass at 52 ) were in a nursinging home. I figure this way my final years will not be a financial burden to my family to take care of me due to illnesses that come with time/age.

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                  pics and info

Comment

I went to THEM Got universal LI (select preferred )
                    good deal on the SP rating.

What is the minimum premium payment for your UL and what are you paying? Your agent went over policy "lapses" with you I hope. Are you paying what you need to pay to obtain a long term "no lapse guarantee?"

The nice thing about our LTC too is that it allows you to stay at home, so you won't HAVE to go into a nursing home. They'll pay your benefit to keep you in your own home.

Comment

Don't know the minimum # off hand but I k now that I am paying more that that figure to keep it alive. Same for the LTC . Rest assured I made sure that they will have enough funds so as not to die off. 3 years into 15 of payments and after that no more as the compounded interest will cover the costs of both plans (as I sat down with guy to make sure the plans will remain solvent by paying enough in monthly payments)

pics and info

Comment

Don't know the minimum # off hand but I k now that I am paying more that that figure to keep it alive. Same for the LTC . Rest assured I made sure that they will have enough funds so as not to die off. 3 years into 15 of payments and after that no more as the compounded interest will cover the costs of both plans (as I sat down with guy to make sure the plans will remain solvent by paying enough in monthly payments)
                        UL policies scare me. I know you sat down with the guy, but I'd call up your agent and get a quick status check. Keep in mind that those policies lapse like no other, to the point where insurance companies were under investigation, and a lot of companies got in trouble for misrepresenting UL's, trying to make them sound like whole life, which they are NOT. I couldn't tell you how many people I talk to tell me they're paying 50/month for 100k of whole life. It just isn't possible at their age. When I sit down with them, sure enough, it's a variable UL or a regular UL policy.

What are you talking about as far as interest? Are you saying that after a few years the cash value will pay for the policy?

A lotta times I can make a Whole life policy just as affordable as a UL policy, and it's a policy that will be permanent and has the same death benefit, and cash value.

I'd hate to see that policy lapse when you need it most because an agent didn't fully explain things to you.

Sorry for going on. I love insurance, and I love talking about it lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X