Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro Testing in Europe

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080408....ting-in-europe

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Bada$$...even with the trailer hitch!

Word is that those are Brembo calipers. These were taken at the Nurburgring if I remember right.

Here's some shots from the track...

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/CamaroStig/
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

While the front end is mean looking, the rear end just plain sucks. Maybe a small wing and some different lights would make it better.
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

O woppy Ding it has on star. Now that is a selling point.
        Blazer

Comment

My wife and I are buying this car probably in the second year of production. My wife loves it and wants one really bad so I hope to get one as a present when she graduates with her masters. I am not sure if we will get the 3.6 or LS? version. The 3.6 VVT Direct Injection technology makes for a pretty cool engine, and this is likely my choice with a turbo added later...my wife could care less about the rumble of a V8. Personally, I really want the GT500 but they are way too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$; I am going for a C5.

I love the profile of the car. The silver concept on the GM website is pretty cool and it is now my wife's wallpaper on her laptop This car with the LS?, a cowl hood, and a rear spoiler will look, sound, and run like a terror on the street. It is not going to be all things for all people. I am sure there will be some styling cues that turn people off, but overall it is a pretty good throw back to the f-body roots. When the C6 came out, I thought the recessed door handles looked completely retarded. However, I am not going to let door handles change my opinion of an incredible machine. The rear tail lights do look a little goofy, but overall the new Camaro is a mean looking muscle car. I can't wait to drive it. In 2010(11) we will have a GT500, a Challenger R/T, and a Camaro SS all with 500+ HP on the street again...that is pretty darn cool! It is a little sad, that we are 1970 all over again and these cars will be short lived.

It may cost a little more then the Mustang but the 210HP Ford V6 along with the modular 4.6 in the GT suck...I will take the 3.6 Camaro over both these cars, and it will run with my old LT1 Trans Am without much of a problem. The Shelby GT500 is incredible but they cost 50K with the markups. As long as the 3.6 loaded version is under 30K, I will buy it. I am sure the LS? version will be a little less then the Manaro GTO, but probably about the same...the difference will be demand. People will actually want the Camaro pushing the price up. I remember how much of a problem I had just getting a 6speed Trans Am in '97. The dealers all wanted a 3k markup for this trans option. The first couple years of the LS? options will cost a fortune, but it will come down.

Anyhow, I wrote this because we should all be excited about these cars (the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger). I don't know if we will see this again, at least not with internal combustion technology.
          '77 K5 rock-crawler project
          '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
          '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
          '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
          '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
          My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
          X