bus stop $14,000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bus stop $14,000

the city is trying to charge my gf $14,000 for the bus stop,are they just trying to rip us off,the bus stop was a cheap one with plastic windows,and wasnt even that damaged,I have pics and will post them,WTF should I do any help would be great,
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Thats probably the right price. The entire thing probably has to be replaced as a unit & they are using union labor to replace it. Thats not cheap.
    No F-Body right now

Comment

The ones we have here are $70,000 each.

http://visitdowntownmadison.com/uplo...ES_June_27.pdf
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

What is their reasoning?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Do you have property damage insurance? aka liability? its a state law to have liability in CA.
          -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
          2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Sounds about the right price. We install stuff like that as part of our road construction projects. They can get a lot more expensive. And you are apparently paying for removal of the damaged materials, and replacement. "Public work" in many states is done at "prevailing wage". Our lowest paid common laborer here in NJ is paid close to $45/HR including mandatory benefits.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Yeah and they send out four guys for the repair. One doing it and three are watching.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
                Yeah and they send out four guys for the repair. One doing it and three are watching.

Well somebody has to make sure hes doing it right. haha
                No F-Body right now

Comment

they told us 12,000 for the bus stop,2,000 for the labor,Im gonna try to go to court and fight it,how can this thing be 12,000,its very small,and plastic,and the bench wasnt even replaced,just the shelter, i had liabilty insurance but it ran out the day the accident happened,and I dont think they would have covered my gf anyways
                  2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

I think I missed something. Your GF ran into a bus stop?
                    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Im being ripped off,on many bus stop shelter websites the same bus stop they put up is $2,995,so how in the hell do they get 12,000

Comment

Maybe you should invest a few $$$ in driving lessons, and make sure you keep your insurance up to date. You always seem to blame someone else for your problems. Someday you will have to learn how to accept responsibility like an adult.
                        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I didnt crash the car my gf did,she has the dui not me,the insurance yes my fault,I was in the process of switching company's,but I talked to a couple peaple and was told they wouldnt of covered it anyways cause I wasnt driving and I had basic liability(I was at my house when this happened)So Injunneer I dont see were you get off saying I need driving lessons

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                            I think I missed something. Your GF ran into a bus stop?
                            I think this is the original post http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20851
                            97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                              Maybe you should invest a few $$$ in driving lessons, and make sure you keep your insurance up to date. You always seem to blame someone else for your problems. Someday you will have to learn how to accept responsibility like an adult.
                              I am taking responsibility and helping my GF of 5 years,I didnt even crash the car

Comment

Working...
                              X