Well, we are finally home owners!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, we are finally home owners!

Not sure how many will remember, but I posted a while back with some pics of the house my wife and I were having built. We finally closed on it today, and are just to get the keys. We are going to be moving tomorrow and Saturday. It's going to be quite the transition going from our one bedroom, third floor apartment into our 3/2/2 house. The closing went well. I swear I have never signed my name so many times in my life. I could feel the wieght of the mortgage debt being lowered onto my shoulders, but at least we won't be throwing money away on rent anymore. Time to start building equity! Here are some pics of the place...they are from the other day before it was complete.

Kitchen After

Kitchen Before

Kitchen Sink

Office

Living Room

Can't wait to get in there!

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

way to go broh!!!!!!! congrats! now..get the garden tools, and all the rest and be ready to be: "harry home owner".... love it!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Way cool... We've bought 4 properties and have had 2 built...

Now comes the "honey do" list.............
      2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
      1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
      2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
      2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
      2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by Gary94Formula
        Way cool... We've bought 4 properties and have had 2 built...

Now comes the "honey do" list.............
        Yeah, I am already planning on installing a garage door opener on Sunday, then I want to stain the fence, paint the garage floor and walls, seal the driveway, not to mention we need to go buy a Fridge and install it. The house came with stainless Range/oven, Microwave, and dishwasher, but no fridge. So yeah, Home Depot is about to be my friend.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Oh yeah... You and HD will be good friends...

becareful on painting the garage floor. You may just want to get a good concrete sealer.. I've used the 2 part epoxy garage floor paints and the paint comes up from the hot tires.
          2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
          1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
          2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

That's a very nice home with a lot of nice quality features I am only used to seeing on very large high priced homes. I think you will really enjoy it.
            2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Congratulations. Enjoy.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Lets see the garage looks nice
                1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Congrats from a fellow new home owner!

Sure, it's extra work to take care of it, but the sense of satisfaction with a job well done makes it all worth while!!

Looks good too! I envy the garage...
                  Joe K.
                  '11 BMW 328i
                  '10 Matrix S AWD
                  Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Gary94Formula
                    Oh yeah... You and HD will be good friends...
                    I completely disagree. HD, Lowes etc. are all EVIL!!! Everytime I enter one of those places my wallet starts to scream.

Keep the wife out of Bed Bath and Beyond etc. as well....just as evil!!

/sarcasm off

Seriously, congrats. Best thing I ever did was stop putting money into someone else's pocket and start investing for myself and my future.
                    My DD
                    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Wrong rooms...need pics of the garage! LOL! Looks sweet. Many many many years of memories are within those walls.

Congratulations...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

congrats... now you get to fill it up with useless clutter, like car show trophies and baby cribs
                        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                        pics and info

Comment

That is a beautiful home. Congratulations and best of luck!

You will learn that there is always something that needs doing. Kinda like the way we are with our cars!

Comment

Thanks guys! We started moving last night, and slept there last night. It was surreal walking in there with out stuff and knowing we could stay. Especially after going out there to see it so many times while it was being built. We are just finishing up cleaning our apartment and packing the last little stuff. Then we will be out of our little apartment for good. I'll probabaly be off here for the next few days since we have yet to decide on what internet provider we are going to use. But thanks for thecompliments. I'll post some pics of the garage once we get our internet up and running there.

Comment

congrats. I remember when I bought my house. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X