R/C F-16 model with afterburner!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R/C F-16 model with afterburner!

It's just a ring of LED lights in the tail, but the effect is awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnKCzIn-wYA

from the comments:
    The afterburner ring is from Modellflugbau in Germany - that's just the lights. The rest of the effect (that makes is look real) is my own invention and is not yet commercially available.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

there is/was a company that offered a butane fueled afterburner kit made specifically for RC airplanes. It is only a visual effect and there was a warning........"the motor must be running and producing thrust for the afterburner to work correctly. FAILURE TO HAVE THE MOTORS RUNNING WILL RESULT IN A FIRE AND LOSS OF AIRPLANE. lol!

Pretty kewl looking. I do the LEDS for lighting, including in the tailpipe, don't think I want to deal with flames though.

Comment

pretty cool...

kinda looks like joe in the eve after he ate at a tex mex restaurant...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

That looks awesome! Great visual effects.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

That was cool...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I've done something similar, but that whole effect is just over the top.

Thanks for sharing that vid.

Comment

If I ever get another toy someday, I would like something like that.

Comment

Working...
              X