5th gen Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th gen Video

Another video of the 5th gen. This time driving the roads of Germany and some track time on the nurburgring.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3822
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

something is weird about the rear, notice that...a pipe or summin sticking out on the right side...??? it also looks like it has trailer hitch...?????????

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I don't know what's up with the hitch either, but this video and the pictures that were posted from Florida both have two different black 5th gens with hitches on them. I don't know if it's a road trip setup where they put a cargo carrier on it, a testing thing to add weight and maybe pull stuff around to test it's limitations, or if the car simply hasn't got tow hooks or any other method of pulling it out if it crashes or gets stuck so they bolt up a raggedy hitch for a tow point.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I remember something about the trailer hitch being used to tow test equipment.

Don't remember where I read it...

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
        '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

I've seen pictures of mules before towing test equipment. Also the rear lights must be euro spec.
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

The "pipe" mountes that mechanism that measures wheel speed and etc. You know, the pipe with the little wheel...I don't know what it is called but have seen it before in different rags.
            Greg W. in West Michigan
            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
            <Motor out

Comment

5th wheel speed measuring device.

Comment

The trailer hitch is because they put a bunch of weight on a trailer and drive up steep hills, sometimes until failure. It is extreme testing conditions to accelerate the testing.

Comment

I dont know what to think of the sound yet..........

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                  2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

At least it's a true dual exhaust. Sounds like a typical LS engine to me.
                    Joe K.
                    '11 BMW 328i
                    '10 Matrix S AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                      5th wheel speed measuring device.
                      Thank you...I guess I was too lazy to google it...
                      Greg W. in West Michigan
                      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                      <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                      X