dern gun shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dern gun shows

so I went to the last local gun show here where I live today.. low and behold....a gun shop from roanoke was there...good folks... i went for one reason.....to browse.. but .....d@mnit..there she was.. the one Kimber I have always wanted...the Tactical Custom II 5" barrel......night sites, ambi safety...alum frame.. all the goodies from the custom shop...
    [
    i browsed all the junk, checked out assault riffles, hit all tables for fun... but kept coming back to look at it...it was the only one there... well..they spotted me...... after some hem hawing ....and me leaving again...then coming back... one heck of a price was set, i pulled out my drivers license and cwp and handed it to the guy and said..."write me up broh"....

she has joined my group..........

oh well..its only money.......

and now im grinnin...time for break in...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

There is a gun show yesterday and today in Atlanta. I know better than to even go.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

That is one beautiful weapon. I stare at all the Kimbers whenever I go to the gun shows around here. Of course, I can only stare because most of them are $800 or more!

My last purchase was an M&P 40 Compact. I visited that gun for at least 3 months before I bought it. It was tough coughing up the $500, but the first time I shot it, I realized it was worth every penny and then some.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
        That is one beautiful weapon. I stare at all the Kimbers whenever I go to the gun shows around here. Of course, I can only stare because most of them are $800 or more!

My last purchase was an M&P 40 Compact. I visited that gun for at least 3 months before I bought it. It was tough coughing up the $500, but the first time I shot it, I realized it was worth every penny and then some.
        bargain and shop...

both my Kimbers msrp was well over 1100.00. I got them both for less than a grand after tax... stay on the dealers and you can land one. cream of the 1911's man.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

a thing of beauty....................

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

I would not call myself an expert marksman by any means.
            In fact if I get to the range a couple of times a year that's alot.

However, a buddy of mine picked up a Kimber .45 a few years ago and was nice enough to let me run through a couple of clips.

First time I picked it up it felt perfect in my hand and I put 4 of 5 in the red.

I have coveted one ever since....
            My DD
            2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Nice gun man! I don't blame you one bit. Did you get a chance to shoot it yet??? My wife wants a chrome and black 1911... Btw, how does that xd handle? It is on my list...
              Greg W. in West Michigan
              1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
              1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
              1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
              1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
              1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
              <Motor out

Comment

That’s kinda funny; we had ours in Colorado. I haven’t been to it in a few years…and, I couldn’t resist a 10/22 with a target barrel and a custom made stock with the grain stained in red and grey. I need to teach my wife how to shoot…I figured we would do it in style She looked at me like I was insane with my current rifle collection. I would like to get her a Browning Hi-Power. Until then, she will learn on my little Bersa 380.

I also bought a few goodies for the AK and the AR. I would like to get a flat top 16” upper with a red dot sight for the AR, but those are around $600 so I needed to wait after buying the other gun.

It blows me away how much prices have gone up.

In 1992, I bought my brand new 1991-A1 for $250 and went the custom route. It has a 4 lbs trigger with adjustable over-travel, combat hammer, and stubby beaver-tail with a full length guide rod and it was beautifully ported and polished. …I have $400 in this gun and about 30,000 rounds and many new recoil springs. My Colt Commander Enhanced that I use for concealed carry ran me about $525…she is pretty beat up from all the holster work. The rest of my hand guns are up as well, but not nearly as much as the 1911s.

The Kimbers my friend uses for competition and carry are incredible guns, but I almost passed out when he told me the cost. They are awesome because they require little if any work out of the box. …this is not true with the 1911s in the past. My Colts both required work when I bought them.
                '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
                  I also bought a few goodies for the AK and the AR.
                  Only one of each!?! How do you do it???
                  Greg W. in West Michigan
                  1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                  1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                  1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                  1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                  1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                  <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
                    Only one of each!?! How do you do it???
                    I do want two complete AR-15s; one set up for tactical and one for target.
                    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Nice firearm. Ken. Kimbers are sweet. Only fired one once and I knew instantly why they cost what they do.
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
                        Nice gun man! I don't blame you one bit. Did you get a chance to shoot it yet??? My wife wants a chrome and black 1911... Btw, how does that xd handle? It is on my list...
                        the xd is the finest polymer I have ever shot. i know alot of enthusiasts that love them too. almost no recoil... its heavy in the .45 though... with as many rounds at it holds.... but my wife can even shoot it.

have not shot this new one yet. planning on it this weekend.

weighs 7 oz. lest than a stainless or steel, hencforth the "tactical' designation, this is what Kimber says about it:

(i like the black slide on the dark gray frame too...kinda stealth at night...)

Tactical II Family

The best pistol to have on your side.

Tactical pistols are loaded with Kimber Custom Shop features that make them ideal for carry or defense as well as law enforcement use. Designed for comfortable carry over long periods of time, lightweight aluminum frames dramatically reduce overall weight without compromising performance or dependability. A full-size Tactical weighs seven ounces less than a comparable pistol with a steel or stainless steel frame.

A virtual necessity for a carry or duty pistol, low profile fixed three dot (green) night sights are mounted in dovetails machined into the slide for durability. Tritium inserts make sure that if you can see your target, you can see your sights. Sight edges are also rounded and blended to keep them from snagging on clothing or holsters. To ensure a positive grip regardless of conditions, frontstraps as well as the bottom of the trigger guards have flawless 30 lines-per-inch checkering

Another Custom Shop feature is the match grade Premium Aluminum Trigger™ set to break between four and five pounds. An extended ambidextrous thumb safety, along with slightly extended magazine release button and slide release lever ensure fast and positive operation. Every Tactical features a matte black extended and beveled magazine well for fast and positive reloading. Magazines have an extended bumper pad for the same reason.

Comment

The 1911 series was one of John Browning best designs- I have a colt civilian model with some custom work, and it is my baby. Nice shooting gun, though not as accurate as some of my others, it is certainly 'adequate' to hit a man-sized target at combat range. Just not a tack-driver. Parkerized, with walnut grips and custom checkering, I am very fond of the .45 as a defensive round. If it was good enough for uncle sam for 70-some years, it must work. Not an overly punishing round to shoot, either.

Nice piece, I am just a little tiny bit jealous. Love the Kimbers, just never saw one at a price I was willing to pay- yet. Let us know how it groups for you, and what type of ammo you are using- some guns are pretty finicky about what you shoot through them-
                          2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                          "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
                            The 1911 series was one of John Browning best designs- I have a colt civilian model with some custom work, and it is my baby. Nice shooting gun, though not as accurate as some of my others, it is certainly 'adequate' to hit a man-sized target at combat range. Just not a tack-driver. Parkerized, with walnut grips and custom checkering, I am very fond of the .45 as a defensive round. If it was good enough for uncle sam for 70-some years, it must work. Not an overly punishing round to shoot, either.

Nice piece, I am just a little tiny bit jealous. Love the Kimbers, just never saw one at a price I was willing to pay- yet. Let us know how it groups for you, and what type of ammo you are using- some guns are pretty finicky about what you shoot through them-
                            yes, i'll let you know . Eagle most likely for break in.

the one i wont use is Wolf...LOL... too much black powder residue.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                              the one i wont use is Wolf...LOL... too much black powder residue.
                              also the reason I won't use Balzer ammo. The one time I tried it in a revolver my hands were so dirty it looked like I had been digging in coal.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                              '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                              Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                              X