new fbody

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new fbody

Well was looking at a 99 but that didnt work out so i found this. it has a few mods but is only a 47k mile car for a 1997 ws6!! military guy about to retire and have all reciepts to everything! I paid 9k for it so it was a little more but hey....

Engine
    355 LT1 built by Tbyrne in 1999. 360 rwhp
    Ported and polished stock heads, intake and throttle body.
    LT4 hot cam with 1.6 RRs.
    .030 forged pistons
    SLP ceramic coated shorties.
    Stock y-pipe and cats.
    Borla catback.
    Trifecta tune.
    Tuned up less than 500 miles ago with TR55s. Also replaced the intake, oil pan, valve cover and header gaskets about the same time.

Drivetrain
    New Spec stage 2 clutch and billet flywheel
    new poly trans mount
    Strange S-60 with 3.73s, 35 splines and detroit true trac.
    Speed inc nitro drive shaft
    B&M shifter

Chassis
    Weld in subframe connectors
    Hotchkis control arms and single adjustable panhard
    Eibach? springs
    UMI torque arm
    Brake job done less than 2 weeks ago. WS6 store slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads, steel braided brake lines and complete system flush

Misc.
    18" ZO6 wheels. 9.5/10.5
    Honeycomb tail lights
    CETA mod.
    New Sony speakers

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Congrats. She looks great.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
      Congrats. She looks great.

thanks! got 24mpg on I95 the other day!!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current

Comment

Very nice indeed. Love the wheels, would like to get some like that but I think 17" gives you a little more tire.
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Sweet looking car!
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
            Very nice indeed. Love the wheels, would like to get some like that but I think 17" gives you a little more tire.

yeah, its got 285/35's on the rear and 275's upfront. i need to get 295's in the rear to fill it out a little more. go anymore like 305's and its spacer time!! dont want to go there but thanks

btw anyone got an idea of what kind of ET this car should be able to run? provided i can drive it..........

current

Comment

Other than taking the owner's word, what constitutes 360 RWHP? Did he show you a dyno pull? If it's true, than 360 RWHP should put you in the mid 12s.

Comment

yeah i got the dyno graph. 12's would be nice. very nice indeed.

current

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
                  yeah i got the dyno graph. 12's would be nice. very nice indeed.
                  However...... I don't think you're gonna hook without drag radials.

Comment

you are correct on that. I really have to learn how to launch it. its nothing like launching a stock fbody thats for sure.

current

Comment

hey thomas where are you located in delaware? by the way an amazing looking car very very clean
                      94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
                      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                      1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
                      GOT PSi?
                      Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

great looking car, a lot of TA for sure!

didnt see it listed but knowing Tom they did it: extreme duty timing chain and gears when they did the hot cam.....

whites nice!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
                          you are correct on that. I really have to learn how to launch it. its nothing like launching a stock fbody thats for sure.
                          I didn't notice in you signature, but I highly recommend lower control arm relocation brackets. It will change the geometry just enough to increase the leverage that the differential has when pivoting in it's mounts. The rear will plant harder, the car's instant center is moved to a spot within the chassis and wheel hop is significantly reduced. I would also add airlift bags for the rear coils, and maybe an extreme duty rear sway bar along with the drag radials. You might also unhook the front swaybar from the end links when you take a dragstrip pass. That will aid weight transfer and increase your rear tire load on launch.

Comment

hey joe so your saying at the track unhook the front sway bar to help out with traction? why is that cause it will let the front twist instead of the back?
                            94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
                            94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                            75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                            1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
                            GOT PSi?
                            Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1slo_camaro
                              hey thomas where are you located in delaware? by the way an amazing looking car very very clean

Thank, live in the huge city of Dover.

Thanks wolfman I really like the white too.

Joe Disconect the front sway bar? really? never thought of that. When I fo Ill try it both ways if i can to see an actual difference.

current

Comment

Working...
                              X