Are you planning any road trips ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you planning any road trips ?

With Gas probably going to be int he 4-5+ $ range I was wondering if this is going to affect any trips in your F-body? What trips do you have planned?

- for me but a cross country is plausible if I land a job elsewhere.
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Me and my girlfriend are driving to canada later this summer, and it seemed obvious that we're taking her grand cherokee. I mean its roomier, newer, more reliable, and can hold more cargo than my car. But we are seriously thinking of taking my car, since it gets almost double the gas mileage as her car. But now that i think of it mine is premium while hers takes regular. But were are going either way so i guess the gas prices aren't going to stop us.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Indy for the F-body gathering. That's all!

Comment

We cancelled the trip to my wife’s family reunion in West Virginia…gas is too expensive.
        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The only trips i take are to work and to school

anything other than that..... i drive my girlfriend's 94 civic DX lol
          -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
          2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

We have a few college visit trips planned for this summer. I doubt we'll take one of the Birds or the GTO, we'll probably take our Impala. More room and good gas mileage.

The gas prices suck, but we have to do the trips this summer prior to her senior year. We are trying to plan the trips so we get to as many colleges in one trip with the least amount of driving.. I'm sure my gas bill for this summer will probably be the demise of any summer vacations...
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

i dont have an f-body but i do have a big lifted red chevy haha. just figured out what it gets around town, 9-10mpg highway is only 15 if im lucky but its ok i use it mainly as a weekend toy as i drive my focus
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Sure will.

Don't know where,
                and kinda don't care,
                As long as I get there,
                I'll pay the fare.

Comment

I take my jetta................lol gas is to expensive to drive my stang,plus I try to keep the miles low,I go to southcentral and compton alot,my girls famly lives there ,2-3hour drive depending on traffic,its funny when i go there cause Im the only white guy for miles............lol
                  2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                    I go to southcentral and compton alot,my girls famly lives there ,2-3hour drive depending on traffic,its funny when i go there cause Im the only white guy for miles............lol
                    You should head east to LA!
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                    X