Am I in the right place?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I in the right place?

It's been a few years since I've been to the fbody message forums. Last time I was a regular, there wasn't any registered users, it was the BBS style that just had a list of the messages posted-not organized like this one, and injuneer fred & wolfman ken liked to cause trouble of course that was about 7 years go, maybe they matured

Back then I was working/driving my 2nd gen, now it sits awating to be turned into a SCCA Trans Am clone and DD.

So has the place just grown up or am I in a foreign country...Hoping the first.

It has just grown up...Welcome back!!! o and btw,

Lets see her!
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Comment

This is my only decent one I have up...

I just start it once a month, move it around the yard. I actually have a donor 79 T/A that will be giving me its tub and subframe, as I have cracked my tub too many times. The 79 T/A has a better foundation than my firebird.

Comment

Some things change, some things don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          Some things change, some things don't.

got that right......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

hella clean!!! is that a 6.6L?
            -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
            2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

welcome back ... I've been here since '97 and haven't been driven out yet
              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
              pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by sk8boy7789
                hella clean!!! is that a 6.6L?
                yep, '68 RAII 400, stock besides the cam-iirc 068- whichever was the popular one to run, and 4x head (suck), edelbrock performer intake.

Was a great first car when I got it, and built it from boxes. It's just I had other hobbies like my truck:

my 490

I have a street bike I can't quit modifying either. Its getting a Final drive swap and new tranny gears.

and not to mention about the 4 servers I have in my room. After all I am a Network Engineer....

I'm trying to get priorty back to my car, of course after I find a 4BTA to put in my truck.

Right now I've been searching for a deal on tubular a-arms, deal on a stroker kit, and a deal on a IRS d44, out of a vette more than likely. With so many hobbies I am cheap, so it takes me awhile to collect parts. Not to mention I'm basically a kid still. I got on this site when I was 15 and am only going on 24 now.

Comment

In a way, I really miss my 79. One thing I didn't miss was how easily the rear end would swing around in heavy braking. I hated those brakes, I loved the nitroused 455, and never could find one rattle that resided somewhere around the front passenger fender. I hunted for a couple years and never could find the souce, I just gave up. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                    In a way, I really miss my 79. One thing I didn't miss was how easily the rear end would swing around in heavy braking. I hated those brakes, I loved the nitroused 455, and never could find one rattle that resided somewhere around the front passenger fender. I hunted for a couple years and never could find the souce, I just gave up. Thanks for sharing the photos.

speaking of sharing photos....*ah-hem* where are yours?
                    -Ryan-

Comment

Originally posted by sk8boy7789
                      speaking of sharing photos....*ah-hem* where are yours?
                      I wish...... I owned my 79 back in '80-84. That was long before all this digital camera and internet stuff. I have old fashioned photos somewhere..... maybe I should attempt a scan and see what happens.

Comment

You make me miss mine even more...79 Formula 403, TH350, Carmine Red Interior

Picture circa 1988 ish...
                        My DD
                        2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Late 2nd gen is my favorite body out of the f-bods! i want an 81 for an LS-Gun project car!
                          -Ryan-

Comment

Originally posted by 79Drtybrd
                            It's been a few years since I've been to the fbody message forums. Last time I was a regular, there wasn't any registered users, it was the BBS style that just had a list of the messages posted-not organized like this one, and injuneer fred & wolfman ken liked to cause trouble of course that was about 7 years go, maybe they matured

Back then I was working/driving my 2nd gen, now it sits awating to be turned into a SCCA Trans Am clone and DD.

So has the place just grown up or am I in a foreign country...Hoping the first.
                            I remember you; we shared info. on the '79's...I will try to get a photo of mine tonight.
                            '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                            '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                            '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                            '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                            '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                            My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Hopefully I'll never miss mine.....I miss driving it but I don't ever want to sell it, especially since it was my first project and first car.

I love the 2nd gens and the 4gen bodies, trying to decide if I want the earlier nose on mine or not. But i'll prolly jsut keep the orginal to save on headaches of fitting body parts that I love so much.

Great to see this place is still around.

Comment

Working...
                              X