One of my little Hot Rods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my little Hot Rods

This latest build is deceptive. It's smaller than it appears, only a 20" wingspan. However...... the powersystem is designed for a plane that is roughly 3 thimes the size and weight. Performance is....... shall we say, amazing? It's full house, meaning ailerons, rudder and elevator. Alot of stuff in a small package.

That's really cool! I bet it'll go vertical like a rocket!
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Looks like a P-47, one of my favorite warbirds!

Here's mine:

It's going to have an 85" wingspan when its done.

I believe Ken's dad was a Thunderbolt pilot in WW2 if I remember correctly.

You can get the info about the kit here

Joe, you should think about getting into kit building!
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Dang.... 85" is pretty big.

Comment

Very cool.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Got a little more detailing done last night.

Comment

so..is it a thin version of the P47? pretty cool. my dad belongs to the P47 Pilots Association. Thats what he flew in WWII

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Ken, this one is not exactly scale. The real Thunderbolt was just a little fatter in the fuse area, but not by much. This one is a micro, a 20" wingspan with a power system made for a plane that is 3 times heavier. So performance is scale and then some. Pull the stick back and it will have unlimited (well.... until it runs out of range, sight or atmosphere).

Dad was a pilot, eh? It must have been an adventure.

Comment

24-count gunned-down Luftwaffe eh? pretty impressive
                  -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
                  2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                    Ken, this one is not exactly scale. The real Thunderbolt was just a little fatter in the fuse area, but not by much. This one is a micro, a 20" wingspan with a power system made for a plane that is 3 times heavier. So performance is scale and then some. Pull the stick back and it will have unlimited (well.... until it runs out of range, sight or atmosphere).

Dad was a pilot, eh? It must have been an adventure.
                    pilot? LOL....

check his website

http://www.renokeo.com/dad.html

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Awesome. That's a P-47 Razorback. the canopy is only the foreward piece, behind that the fuselage is taller. Really sweet Ken. I'll bet he had some stories.....

Later, here's the P-47D

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                        pilot? LOL....

check his website

http://www.renokeo.com/dad.html
                        he's got some stories alright. he's also a bronze and silver star winner.

shot down over Iceland in a dog fight he got in to by himself with two ME 109's , he got one but the other one got him, bailed out at 500 feet......hit the ice, broke both knees. villagers saved him...two weeks before he was picked up by U.S. forces... long story........

ended up flyin the Berlin Airlift too....

first tour in Nam...flew the 100.....3 kills and bunch of napallm and bombings...

yes, im proud of the guy.......after all .....he's my dad..LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                          Awesome. That's a P-47 Razorback. the canopy is only the foreward piece, behind that the fuselage is taller. Really sweet Ken. I'll bet he had some stories.....

Later, here's the P-47D
                          I debated for 2 weeks to decided whether to build my P-47 a Razorback or bubble canopy. I finally settled on the bubble canopy.
                          Hercules

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                            he's got some stories alright. he's also a bronze and silver star winner.

shot down over Iceland in a dog fight he got in to by himself with two ME 109's , he got one but the other one got him, bailed out at 500 feet......hit the ice, broke both knees. villagers saved him...two weeks before he was picked up by U.S. forces... long story........

ended up flyin the Berlin Airlift too....

first tour in Nam...flew the 100.....3 kills and bunch of napallm and bombings...

yes, im proud of the guy.......after all .....he's my dad..LOL
                            I would be damn proud for that if he was my father
                            Hercules

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso

Joe, you should think about getting into kit building!
                              I already do that! For myself and for hire. I just don't have the space to build and fly giant scale. I refuse to join the AMA due to all the political BS of it's members and the way they turn into snobs when they find out that you aren't feeding their large pig membership. There is a field nearby, but as usual...... no AMA membership, no fly. Well, they can kiss my hiney. I can fly smaller stuff (60" ws or less) at so many large vacant fields around me that paying a membership is a joke. I avoid flight clubs like the plague. Nothing worse than some retired age Hitler with a touch of power within the club to ruin the whole experience. Many people get into the clubs for the social aspects. Heck, I work all day with the public, the last thing I want to do is wade though a bunch of BS club political bickering and heavy handed rule enforcement. stepping off my soapbox now........

Comment

Working...
                              X