Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My buddies r/c plane...

For all you Tony Stewart fans...

My good friend built this plane and had it signed back when he was a champion in 2002. He built it way before he was the champ though. He even got some pics of Tony Stewart signing it. Tony loved it as it was the first one he had ever seen...

Never flown... I keep trying to get him to fly it and I think I am winning him over.
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Sweet! Brushed power?

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
      For all you Tony Stewart fans...

My good friend built this plane and had it signed back when he was a champion in 2002. He built it way before he was the champ though. He even got some pics of Tony Stewart signing it. Tony loved it as it was the first one he had ever seen...

Never flown... I keep trying to get him to fly it and I think I am winning him over.
      I wouldn't fly it either. A plane like that (autographed), I would hang it on my ceiling or on a stand somewhere in my house.

Or you can always Ebay it. I'm sure he would make some good cash from it, especially if he has the pics of Tony Stewart signing it.
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I wouldn't fly it either. A plane like that (autographed), I would hang it on my ceiling or on a stand somewhere in my house.
        That's funny. After I took the pictures, we hung it from the ceiling in his shop office...

Sweet! Brushed power?
        Yeah, He built it cheap, mostly to get the effect. But, it is ready to fly, all of the motors and wiring are there ready for a battery and lift...
        Greg W. in West Michigan
        <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
          ready to fly, all of the motors and wiring are there ready for a battery and lift...
          Don't do it......

Get something else to fly. leave that thing for display. The signature will make that worth a fortune one day. If you use it, the model WILL degrade. Perhaps he should get something as close as possible, replicate the paint scheme and fly the crap outa that instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            Don't do it......

Get something else to fly. leave that thing for display. The signature will make that worth a fortune one day. If you use it, the model WILL degrade. Perhaps he should get something as close as possible, replicate the paint scheme and fly the crap outa that instead.
            I agree, that belongs on a shelf.
            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

That's what he keeps saying!! We joked about flying it just to take some pics. The wings are the only thing that are signed so, technically if he put on a different set of wings, he could always rebuild the rest and nobody would know. Of course we joke about it in good fun because we both know, it will NEVER get used...Like I said, it is hangin in a good spot.

He has plenty of other planes to fly and kits to build to fly and etc...Heck, he has a friggin ultralight he could fly if he ever got around to recovering it(actually a thorough inspection and rebuild is in order as it has sat so long 10+ years).
              Greg W. in West Michigan
              <Motor out

Comment

Working...
              X