Mary lost her Dad yesterday folks..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary lost her Dad yesterday folks..

He died in the morning. She and her mother had just gotten there to visit...10 min later, his 94 1/2 year old heart just plain stopped.........he was barely conscious, just barely. There was no suffering....anymore. Mary is the one that notice the lack of pulse and called the nurse. As you can imagine, she's pretty upset now. She was a true daddy's girl all the way, closer to her father than anyone I know. God rest his soul. He was an awesome man.

He had been in the Health unit at their retirement facility since his second heart attack a month and half ago.. went downhill so fast its unreal... she's been going up there (34 miles one way) everyday since he went in there to see him... They put him in hospice care two weeks ago while he was there, the hospice Dr. was surprised he made it this long, what a fighter.

His ashes are being put in Arlington cemetery... he did not want the formal military funeral so it might speed things up for the family... right now..if you got the ceremony, it would be the end of June before the funeral could take place. Why? so many WWII vets are dying and the current war.

Anyway, thought I'd let yall know.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

We are sorry to hear about this. Our hearts and prayers go out to your family. 94 years is a long life. He IS obviously a fighter.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Very sorry to hear this Ken. My sincere condolences to Mary and you as well as all other family members.

Dave
      2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Truly sorry for you and Mary. Sincere condolences to your family.
        R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Our sincere condolences to You, Mary and all your family.

Gary
          2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
          1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
          2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Truly sorry to hear, Ken. Best wishes to you and your family in a difficult time.

He sounds like one hell of a man.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad to news. I am in Rochester NY but got my laptop with me to keep up on things but not this.My prayers an condolences go out to Mary an you an the family.
              Blazer

Comment

Damn, I'm sorry for her loss. Hope she's doing alright..
                Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that. Losing a loved one is never easy. Give Mary a hug for us.

Godbless.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

thanks everyone. she's taking it pretty hard... she drove up there 66 times in a row to see him when he became ill.... and handled most of the stuff for her mom...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I've been thinking about this since you sent me a PM right after it happened. I think it's safe to say that everyone on here wishes Mary all the strength she needs to make it though the tough times, she's been a behind the scenes member for many years and we all feel her loss.

Our thoughts and prayers........

Comment

That's a tough one...Best wished and prayers to you, Mary and the rest of the family.
                        Greg W. in West Michigan
                        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                        <Motor out

Comment

So sorry to hear of this. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
                          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

My condolences to both you and Mary. I know it's been a long hard road but you should rest easy in the knowledge that he's in a better place now.
                            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Sorry for yours and Mary's loss. Still, 94 is a pretty good run- I really believe people of that generation were tougher than people today. They made it through the depression, an incredible world war, the whole nuclear paranoia- The changes they saw in their lifetimes, from fabric planes to men on the moon, from party line phones (if at all) to cell phones, from AM radio to digital cable, computers, internet-

Mary will need to be strong for her mom, and herself, and you need to be there for her- not telling you anything you don't already know, but if there is anything we can do for you, let us know-

26 years later, and I still wish I could just talk to my dad another time, show him how things are going in my life- He was pretty cool, bought the first Mustang in 64 1/2, and then replaced it a few years later with a Camaro.
                              2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                              "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Working...
                              X