This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another bus stop Q

now the city is comin after me for the $13,300,for the bus stop because it was hit in my vehicle,can they do this, WTF,

Is it to late to call my insurance company this was back in december and I am not covered by them anymore,I only had basic liabilty,I never called them cause i thought they would try to sue my gf
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Originally posted by DHolmes
    now the city is comin after me for the $13,300,for the bus stop because it was hit in my vehicle,can they do this
    Yep. The owner of the vehicle is responsible for damage caused by said vehicle.

Originally posted by DHolmes
    Is it to late to call my insurance company this was back in december and I am not covered by them anymore,I only had basic liabilty,I never called them cause i thought they would try to sue my gf
    Yep. Most insurance companies require you file a claim within 48 hours of the incident. besides, your insurance expired so no matter what, you're screwed.

My advice, have the girfriend sell her car to pay the bill. I've listened to this story since it happened and with all due respect, you've made some questionable decisions.

1. You let the g/f drive your car. OK so she didn't tell you, that's worse.
    2. You let the g/f drive your car uninsured. even worse than #1
    3. You let the g/f talk you into selling your car and getting something that she likes. We're getting deeper every time..........

you take any advice?

If so.....

Get an attorney now. If not, the bill for the bus stop is going to skyrocket even higher. When they take you to court, and they will......they will tack on all the attorney fees and court costs. This may very well push the bill to $25,000 and beyond.

next...... have the g/f foot the bill for the attorney, and the replacement cost of the vehicle. She took it, she wrecked it and now she's sticking you with the bill. why? because she stuck by you? BS! Believe me, you're geting stuck big time. I hope she's worth it. So far everything points to one huge liability. The highest maintainance of all..........

Sorry it's not what you want to hear, but it is what it is. Hashing though it again at this point really seems to be a waste of effort. Get an attorney.

Thread closed, whipping a dead horse will not bring it back to life.

Comment

Working...
    X