looks out boys.... this mopar will romp you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks out boys.... this mopar will romp you

Steve Saleen and his new company SMS introduced today the first product in his line of Signature Series ultra-high performance vehicles, the SMS 570TM Challenger and SMS 570XTM Challenger. The fully certified and street legal cars will be based on the 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T and will feature an SMS supercharged 5.7L Hemi with power ratings of 500 and over 700 horsepower, respectively.

Billy Tally, SMS Chief Technical Officer, said, “The horsepower and torque that we are developing from the SMS Supercharged Hemi is phenomenal, and combined with suspension and braking improvements our SMS Challenger will be an incredibly capable, refined and tractable vehicle.”

Each of the limited edition vehicles will be personally signed by Steve Saleen. Production numbers will be limited per year depending on the model and the opportunity to be one of the few owners is limited to a first-come, first-served basis.

http://allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Very cool.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
      Very cool.
      get one..

and give me the z06...

you know you are a mopar guy.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

all through a slushbox?
        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
        pics and info

Comment

Cool looking car. The only thing I hate about it is they chopped the back end of it. The original was longer. This one's too short..
          Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I like it very much.An i bet they will come out with it. It will be nice to see what the all new 4 door V6 Camaro will look like when it comes out in 10 years from now.
            Blazer

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Challengers and the new one is on the top of my list for possible toys in the next couple years. Unfortunately, the Saleen might be a touch out of my price range...
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

It looks like the front clip and hood are too short on the new Challenger. The distance from the front of the door opening to the front of the car is shorter looking than the distance from the rear of the door opening to the rear of the car. In the side profile it looks to me like the car is missing it's nose.

Maybe this is because I've seen 70-74 Challengers for the last 38 years or so. Does anybody else think that this looks unbalanced?

Comment

Very Cool! At least something that resembles a little wing in the back. Would have to get used to the rear lights though.
                  97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I like a lot about it, but if the Dodge hemi 425 hp gets 13/18 mpg, what is that supercharged one going to get? My old TA with its 700 or whatever hp does better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                      I like a lot about it, but if the Dodge hemi 425 hp gets 13/18 mpg, what is that supercharged one going to get? My old TA with its 700 or whatever hp does better than that.
                      It really makes me wonder if we're not on the verge of another performance decline. Gas is climbing at double digit inflation figures, the public is beginning to sway toward more fuel effecient vehicles, I wonder how long before V8s are left unsold on the dealer's lots. especially with a dismal 13/18 rating.

Cool car though. That might be something that would stay parked except for special occations....... not daily use.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                        It really makes me wonder if we're not on the verge of another performance decline. Gas is climbing at double digit inflation figures, the public is beginning to sway toward more fuel effecient vehicles, I wonder how long before V8s are left unsold on the dealer's lots. especially with a dismal 13/18 rating.

Cool car though. That might be something that would stay parked except for special occations....... not daily use.
                        Around this area, Tahoes and Suburbans can be had for a song. They are flooding dealer lots now.
                        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                          Around this area, Tahoes and Suburbans can be had for a song. They are flooding dealer lots now.
                          I had foreseen this 3 years ago.

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthre...d=1#post152535

Comment

Man, that's a nice-looking ride. Reminds me of the original- I was thinking that, then, about half way down the page there was a comparison photo of the new and the old- they have done a nice job of re-calling the original- (where have I seen those square exhaust tips before....?!!)

V-8, RWD, 2-door pony car. If I was looking to replace the Camaro right now, I would be test-driving it- I will give Chrysler credit, at least they are building them, NOW, head-to-head agains the Mustang (which never went out of production, for all you GM factory people)

Sorry to be so bitter, I haven't changed my tastes, but GM hasn't built a car I was intersted in for a decade- I have owned a '67 Impala, '77 Caprice, '79 Buick Century (RWD, V-8, ect), a big-block '79 Olds, and a '95 LT1-powered Caprice. I couldn't buy a 4-door, RWD V-8 powered car until the new Pontiac just came out. Wonder how many other enthusiasts there are like me, that like the handling properties of RWD, want decent power to pull 4 adults and a trunk full of golf clubs or luggage? They must be driving Fords and Mercurys now- I know the last couple vacations that is what I have rented-

So, when the new Camaro gets here, I will be interested- it MAY replace my 'fun' car, my hobby car, for weekend drives, but it will be late to the party, and I as still to see where the pricing will fall- given the current rates of inflation, it is not hard to imagine that it will seem very expensive-
                            2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                            "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

The high powered SRT-8 @425hp/420tq will not have a manual transmission as an option but you can get it in the R/T package but at only 375hp/404tq
                              STR8 will do the Quarter-mile in 13.3 seconds. Not bad for the weight

I must admit that the RT looks like a good car and I do like the options
                              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                              pics and info

Comment

Working...
                              X