Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire questions? Wolfman or anyone in the know...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire questions? Wolfman or anyone in the know...

Gonna be needing new tires soon to replace my 275/40 17's all around and had planned on using my Grand Sport replica's where the rears will need 315/35 17's. Originally planned on using BFG KD's but it seems they aren't made in that size anymore. Checked both the usual online tire sites and even went to BFG's website and the only 315/35's they show are in their drag radial and the road racing tire.

I really dont need something that sticky as I'm only putting 415 to the wheels. Also don't think I need the Goodyear GSD3's as I don't drive in the rain. Just need enough wet traction to get the hell off the road if needed. lol

What would you suggest since it seems the BFG's are gone now? Maybe find someone that has the BFG's? I'm definately open to suggestions as my 17's now aren't worn but they are toast, Goodyear F1's that I've used less than 10k miles over the past 8 years. Yes I know 8 year old tires. lol

Thanks in advance as always.

JasonG

Jason,

I've got GSD3s and they are pretty darned good in the dry. One thing that you should keep in mind. The larger the footprint from side to side, the greater the tendency to hydoplane in water. A 245 mm tread will cut though the water where 315s hydroplane. I've found that the wider the ite, the more it needs to be able to shed water.

With that out of the way, I still prefer the GSD3 or a few of the other brands. However, I picked up some Sumitomo 315s that sure seem to have good bite. For how long, I don't know...... alot of times the grip goes away by the time the tread is half worn.

Comment

Working...
    X