got my 75mm tb and plenum today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my 75mm tb and plenum today

my friend put on my 75mm tb and plenum today,And im very happy with Power products,I notice a huge difference,the most in high rpms,feels like i gained 20hp,i think after i get some gears ill be smoking ls1's all day .............lol Ill post pics tomorrow
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

I gained about a tenth when I put mine on. I felt a difference right away. I sold it on Ebay a couple years ago, though..
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
      i think after i get some gears ill be smoking ls1's all day ...........
      Easy pony boy, keep in mind thats pretty much as fast as its going to get b4 you need power adders to keep up. ha ha ha ha.Your mods on an LS1 and its over!
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
        I gained about a tenth when I put mine on. I felt a difference right away. I sold it on Ebay a couple years ago, though..
        this is a little off topic,but I love your german sheperd,I grew up with them,Ive owned 3 ,best dogs ever,there all past away know due to old age they all lived to the age off 12
        2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
          Easy pony boy, keep in mind thats pretty much as fast as its going to get b4 you need power adders to keep up. ha ha ha ha.Your mods on an LS1 and its over!
          haahahaha,my friend is running 12.4 1/4,with full bolts ons,cam,suspension mods and stickey's,without power adders,in a 99gt,I have the vert though,100 more pounds then the coupe,my ride weighs 3320,Im having fun modding this car because the engine was all stock when i got it,just had the exhaust and x pipe,i plan on getting 390 gears a tune and some pulleys next with those mods i should be in the 12's

Comment

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

haahahaha,my friend is running 12.4 1/4,with full bolts ons,cam,suspension mods and stickey's,without power adders,in a 99gt,I have the vert though,100 more pounds then the coupe,my ride weighs 3320,Im having fun modding this car because the engine was all stock when i got it,just had the exhaust and x pipe,i plan on getting 390 gears a tune and some pulleys next with those mods i should be in the 12's
              A cam is not a bolt on, Thats considered internals. With bolt-ons 12's I dont think you will be seeing but I can be wrong. With cam and bolt ons then yes. When I used to roll with Inland Empire F-bodies back in the days, 90% of the F-bodies were LS1's and 90% of those where in the Mid 12's with no internals at all. All the bolt ons but no internals. Stock 10 bolt too. None with headers but custom y-pipe. The guys that had bolt-ons and a Dry 100 shoot , where kicked out (11.99 or faster).
              One guy with a 100 shoot and just a Stall converter on stickies ran a 11.70, and thats with no headers, Cat-back and stock TB.

Good luck though man. As long as you dont get that Mustang mentality its all good!

I have a buddy with a brand new GT. Right off the bat he got a TB, Headers and full exhaust. Started talking trash. Only had about 3k mile on it so we ran. Nobody for miles. We ran from a dig, I launched and pulled about one car and stayed there. Did it drom a 35 roll. I inched about 1/2 a foot away by the time we hit 100. He was so mad, started talking trash and yada yada. Blaming his wheels and all that BS. From wat I heard he got gears, Aftermarket clutch and suspension. Its like they can never be wrong or loose. Its sad. ha ha ha.

He still to this day believes i have internals. I told him, "yeah i have internals, its called an LS1 bro! "
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_2459394/tm.htm, not to shabby for a stang

Comment

Nope thats pretty good, Sure not a over the weekend job. Includes internals.

Now I do give props, Thats good, But In all reality, You CAN do that kind of time with an LS1 with the same money or less. My buddy with a 2001 Maro did intake, Exhaust,Long tubes, No cats and a Wicked cam on stickies 12.49. Oh and 4.10 gears on an Auto. No suspension besides relocation brackets. Did all the work himself. At most was like $1300

And he drives it every day. Horrible gas mileage but n0ne-the-less
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

dont get me wrong,I will admit ls1's are a better engine, respond better to mods,but you can make a fast NA stang with a small budget,Im just wrking with what I got

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                      You CAN do that kind of time with an LS1 with the same money or less. My buddy with a 2001 Maro did intake, Exhaust,Long tubes, No cats and a Wicked cam on stickies 12.49. Oh and 4.10 gears on an Auto. No suspension besides relocation brackets. Did all the work himself. At most was like $1300

And he drives it every day. Horrible gas mileage but n0ne-the-less
                      I have a friend that runs basically the same thing. he picked up a Ls1 for $6500, put about $1500 into it and is running mid 12s. What a bang for the buck there!

Comment

its kinda funny.... over the years..you learn something the hard way....

for instance..here's a couple of non aspirated solstice's... you can tell (if you know the car) by the silver front grills and lack of grill around the fog lights...a 177hp Poncho roadster for the little back roads....

some fiesty f body or mustang or whatever see's em on the road... interstate..whatever.. and starts mocking them...

guess what?

you just never know.........

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                          its kinda funny.... over the years..you learn something the hard way....

for instance..here's a couple of non aspirated solstice's... you can tell (if you know the car) by the silver front grills and lack of grill around the fog lights...a 177hp Poncho roadster for the little back roads....

some fiesty f body or mustang or whatever see's em on the road... interstate..whatever.. and starts mocking them...

guess what?

you just never know.........

wow whats the 1/4 on those sucker's,how did they get that engine to fit in there

Comment

wow whats the 1/4 on those sucker's,how did they get that engine to fit in there
                            Mallet does the conversion, it drops right in, then they tweak the chassis and the suspension to create the biggest sleeper rocket on the road... the car looks stock....... 23k approx. for the total best package. no sense buying the solstice gxp to have it done on, waste of the turbo motor and tunned suspension since mallet is going to re do it all. so you figure, 24k for a brand new n/a solstice and 23k for a total conversion and for 47k..you got road rocket that will walk c6's and go neck and neck with most any stock perf car no matter what it is...

Comment

Working...
                            X