Our new pooch....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our new pooch....

My wife and I recently adopted/started fostering (we're still not sure yet) a dog. Her name is Minnie. She is about 1 1/2 years old and is pretty well mixed, breed-wise. Although, I think she has some Rottie and Pit in her. Her mom looked like a pit only leaner, and Minnie obviously has some Rottie-ish markings.
    Long story short, my wife works for a veterniary clinic. When the clinic first opened a dog came in from a rescue with a broken femur and very pregnant. Jodi ( my wife ) fell in love with her while she was at the clinic, and vice-versa. We wanted to adopt her, but were in a one bedroom apartment at the time. So, she went to a foster with the promise from the rescue lady that we could adopt her as soon as we got a house. Well, about a week or two before we closed on our house, somebody shot her in the backyard at the foster house. Out of the 15 or so dogs back there, they shot Fiona. My wife was crushed.
    However, the lady still had one of her puppies, Minnie. So, Jodi brought her home a couple of weeks ago and we have been trying to decide since if we want to keep her or not. She is a great dog. Never barks, I've only heard her bark once. She is house broken, and we have crate trained her. We have also already trained her to sit, stay, shake, and high-five. She is great on a leash, walks right beside us, and only tries to pull now and then. She is very submissive to us, and respects our two cats. She is also very obedient to the rules and boundaires we have set for her, like no going in the master bedroom i.e. the cat sanctuary. LOL
    The dilemma is in the fact that she sheds alot, so that combined with the two cats is a pain. Also, the cats are spending far less time in the living room with us becuase they don't like the dog. Also, we hate having to leave her in her crate whenever we are out, but we just haven't developed the trust in her yet to leave her on the new carpet and with the cats. Any advice? Here are some pics:

She is a cute and fun dog.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

congrats!!!!!!!!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

That tail is gonna whip ya.

Comment

What a cutie pie. You have to keep her. The crate training is the best thing you can do. Our last dog we put him in a crate when we went out. These days he sleeps in it at night and if he gets scared, that's where hides. After a while leave her out pf the crate when you go out for a short period of time and see what happens.

Don't worry about the cats, they'll be fine and eventually they get used to each other, or at least ignore each other stay out each others way.

Nothing more rewarding then adopting / rescuing a pet.

We rescued a Maine Coon mix cat a year ago and he turned out to be a winner pet.
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Cute dog! Looks like she's helping you unpack.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
          X