No announcement yet.

Is the used car market really this bad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the used car market really this bad?

Hey everyone,
    I am disgusted. I have a 03 Buick Regal GS w/ 52k that I am trying to sell. (Been trying to sell it for 4 months) I started with the price a bit high assuming the person buying it would talk me down. I now have the car listed for $9500 and I cant even get a phone call. THIS CAR IS A STEAL FOR $9500. I really cant even believe that I am willing to let it go for so little. Whats going on? Is the market really that bad right now or am I doing something wrong?

03 Regal GS
    3.8L Supercharged V6 (30mpg highway)
    52k miles
    Extremly Clean
    Leather
    Power Everything
    No accidents
    No F-Body right now

It's that bad. On the other hand if you are buying you can find some steals.
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

here's the deal. remember when about 3-4 years ago GM was hot and heavy with the "0%" financing? There were also great lease deals to be had. Now the used market is flooded, combined with a slow economy and you see the result.

Comment

not to mention the GS recomends 93 for full performance and its 4.65 here for that!
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man
          not to mention the GS recomends 93 for full performance and its 4.65 here for that!
          $4.65 Ouch

I buy 94 octane for $4.27 at sunoco

Regular is $3.97
          1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

I've heard that the small car market is fairly decent. Don't think the Regal quite fits in that category, unfortunately. Like Joe mentioned, there's a host of lease vehicles entering the used car market.

Trucks are worse on the used market. I know some places won't even take them on trade.

I guess wait and see when this glut moves on, if ever. Best advice I have is if you don't really have to get rid of the Regal at a substantially crappy price, don't.
            1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
            2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
            1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
              $4.65 Ouch

I buy 94 octane for $4.27 at sunoco

Regular is $3.97
              thats our regular and im in the cheaper town compared to some, next town over(brookfield) is 4.35 for 87
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man
                thats our regular and im in the cheaper town compared to some, next town over(brookfield) is 4.35 for 87
                Don't I know it... I work in Brookfield now. We moved our office. The cheapest of the three gas stations within convenient driving distance from here is $4.36 a gallon as of this morning. The most expensive? $4.45
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                X