pulstar plugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulstar plugs

Has anyone used these or heard anything about them. They are listed for 24.95 EACH Just wanted to see if the would be worth half the cost. No way i would buy them at that cost, but i want to see if they are just another marketing ploy.

www.pulstarplug.com
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Two words. Snake Oil. LOL
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

The sad thing is sombody will actually pay 200 bucks for a set of grossly overpriced plugs.
      Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

i believe this topic came up before.... or perhaps i am experiencing a case of deja vu?

anywho, if i recall correctly, Fred stated you can acheive the same effect by gapping your plugs a little more; a mod that does not cost $200.
        -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
        2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

The website has flashy lights on it, so I'm in! I'll let everyone know my results after I install them.

By the way - Where can I buy some of that snake oil I keep hearing about?
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by sk8boy7789
            i believe this topic came up before.... or perhaps i am experiencing a case of deja vu?

anywho, if i recall correctly, Fred stated you can acheive the same effect by gapping your plugs a little more; a mod that does not cost $200.
            I did a search before i post but i didn't see anything. But all i searched was pulstar plugs.

They actually advertise those in motor trend, and the dino graph that they show is a 350z, and its low end power and torque is lower then stock untill almost 3000 rpm If i could get a set for free i'd give them a try, hell if they were 5 bucks a plug maybe......but no way will i drop 25 bucks per plug
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
              The website has flashy lights on it, so I'm in! I'll let everyone know my results after I install them.

you'll find it right next to the turbonator
              2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                you'll find it right next to the turbonator
                Sweet! Thanks!
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

Comment

Open up the stock plug gap another few thousanths and run an MSD, you'll see more of an increase than with these crap plugs.

Comment

I've got an unopened gal. container I'll sell ya. $39.95, comes with a free bottle of Purple Sticky Punch.
                    Steve
                    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Z Ya Later
                      I've got an unopened gal. container I'll sell ya. $39.95, comes with a free bottle of Purple Sticky Punch.
                      Purple Sticky Punch? Wait a second... This almost sounds like a scam!
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

Comment

No scam, I swear. Its the wonder drink of the century!! (Makes you wonder what its made from lol)
                        Steve

Comment

Just make sure you send him you bank account, social security and credit card numbers so he can verify your identity..............no scam here
                          2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                            Just make sure you send him you bank account, social security and credit card numbers so he can verify your identity..............no scam here
                            Exactly!!! (your check will be in the mail soon after, don't worry ) lol
                            Steve

Comment

The pulstar plugs have a built in capacitor in them just like the spark plug caps they sell which screw onto the tops of threaded plugs. They do make the spark appear different, but whether or not this helps the car run better is debatable. I tested some of the caps on a magneto machine we have at work to watch the spark. It is a lot like the spark you get if you use Nology wires. Again, it is not probably going to make the car run better. The other thing is the ceramic insulator is a lot thinner than on a normal plug cause they have to fit the capacitor in there, so that's never a good idea. And, besides, who in hell is going to buy $200 in plugs just to try them out cause of some magazine article. Doesn't matter where they advertise - the car mags just want their money - they dont care if the product is any good or they wouldn't let them advertise penis enlargement pills in the back of the mags. When you see the racing teams or the OEM's adopting them, then it might be time to give them a look.

Comment

Working...
                              X