so i said: ohhhhhhhhh sh######t!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i said: ohhhhhhhhh sh######t!!!

had to take off again today. yesterday eve, those of you that remember my post about our golden Rocky swallowing a ball and was min's from death when the vet got it out... well....its been one thing after another since... and i kept saying "damn it..somebody needs to check down his throat"..the vet finally agreeded... so to the tune of 2800.00...mary transported him to a special clinic north of here while i manned the house yesterday afternoon because of severe storms... she got home at 8pm...barely. the rain was horrendous...

Long story short...two sonagrams and "the scope" down his esophagus into the stomach... all is good... the boy is gonna be ok.. had a blood clot in his stomach and thats what cause the black stool and concern...its breaking up now... im so relieved.

well, i had to take off today because of more severe storms were forcasted and man the generator and house while mary went to get him after all the tests around 1pm. opened the garage at 8 a.m. and walked out front.......... to see this in my side yard......

I just stood there...and said outloud: ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttt

it missed my neighbors house by 15 feet. its 4.6' in diameter and 57 feet tall. Allstate is going to help with removal costs. Got it removed today for 700 bucks...that included the stump and one other stump from an old fall... just what we needed after a total vet bill for Rocky of 3100.00 since last weds...... but he's home ..and he's doing good..thats all that matter to me...

low an behold...while im standing there bs'n with the tree guys after they were done, we witness a racoon...come out of nowhere in the persons yard behind me......and just start walking across the yard towards the house..where a 8 month old german shepherd is laying staring at it... no fear... "this is not good" i said.... can you say "rabies"?... the Shep jumped up and went after the coon...i started yelling at him, he did not heed... a fight started..the coon got away only to be pounced on the by the shep 20 feet away...while the shep had him on his back, (i knew this would happen... dogs that dont know how coons fight are toast..) the coon reached up with both front feet around the dogs head and pulled up, sinking his teeth in the dogs neck on the side and holding on for life.... there was nothing i could do... no weapon except a stick, but it was a big stick..so i picked it up....against a rabid coon...and a dog i dont know...but ........shit...i started for the fence ..the guys yelling "dont do that sir.."... the coon dropped off and ran..the dog stood staring in shock.... then he started to go after him..i yelled at the top of my lungs and he stopped. the coon disappeared over the fence and in the woods.

called animal control..the officer came out took the report.. what bothered me was, those people dont take care of their house at all, grass is 3 feet tall before they cut it half the time... nice house too, in ground pool... had to plead with them to get this gsd a collar and explain why, he's just a pup too, only 8 months now...

after the report..the aco drove over to the house... low and behold..the people were home! they never heard what was going on out back..and let me tell you..that German shep was screaming bloody murder with that coon hanging on his neck...

sure enough..no rabies vaccination (the health department called me later to thank me and get my report to compare to the ACO's)..dogs in quarantine now....

ready for this? the kid came to the back of the fence while i was out back with the dogs and said "thanks mr....they took my dog... how would you feel if they took your dog"???????... teen too... I said "listen dude... your dog will most likely get rabies now... you and your family would have never know it...and suddenly been attacked, bad. real bad.... you would have to go through the rabies shot routine, which is painful... didn't your parents explain this to you? if not..maybe they are ashamed to admit to you, its their fault...the law is all dogs have to get rabies shots and be kept current... want to get mad at someone? go back home.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Ken - I'm glad Rocky's doing good...

How does all this other stuff happen to you?

Some people are stupid and don't take care of their animals and now they'll have to deal with the vet costs.. Wouldn't it have been easier to get the dog vaccinated in the first place.. People like that will never learn...
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Not the kid's fault, it's his parents'. You said the right thing. They told that to their kid so they can take the heat off of them.

Poor shep.... They need to be a little more responsible with him. No collar? That's like no diapers on a baby.

Mine would of stopped on command. I never knew how smart these dogs were until I got mine. He still blows me away everyday at the things he does.

P.S. Ken, I got my NuVet Labs order in last week. I'll keep you updated.
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Hey Wolfman, I noticed you said in the original post that you are only allowing the dogs to play with the Kong balls now. My wife, who is a veterinary technician, told me to tell you to be careful about those balls. If you see any cracks or damage to them, take them away immediately because she said that she has lost count of how many dogs have come into the clinic and had to have chunks of Kongs removed from their bowels. She said, "Those things may say that they are indestructible, but they most certainly are not." Just FYI.
        Sounds like your neighbors got a huge wake up call from that coon. Too bad they don't teach the dog or their kid correctly. Maybe that whole thing could have been avoided if they had.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Glad to hear everybody is doing ok under the circumstances.

We had one of those oh no on Friday evening. We took both our dogs to the vet for heartworm and flea protection and had the Lhaso get his rabies shot. We get home at 5 PM and they both ate. We sit down at 6 to eat our dinner when the Lhaso starts biting himself all over and rubs his face all over the floor. We look at him and he's all read and his head is swollen up badly and you can tell his not feeling well at all. He looks like a puffy ball with all his fur sticking straight out.

We called the vet and they had already closed. We figure it's an allergic reaction to the shot. We gave him some children's Benadryl but he doesn't seem to get any better. The local emergency clinic opens up at 7 PM. We're afraid that his tong could swell up too and he would have problems breathing.

So off to the clinic we go and yes he seems to be allergic to the shot. They give him some heavier allergies medication infusion and he comes down pretty quick. We go home and by bedtime he's very sleepy and by the morning most of the swelling was gone.

Anybodies pets had similar reactions to vaccinations? None of our dogs had ever any problems before.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I saw those storms on the news last night and was hoping you guys were okay down there. Tornadoes and severe thunderstorms have slammed the entire mid-atlantic.

Stay safe and good job with the dog. I'm also glad Rocky is going to be okay.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

wow. what a drama! You always here about getting your rabies shots for your dog as they might encounter a rabid animal, but for this to happen to someone I know is quite a shock!

Imagine if that tree didn't fall, you wouldn't have been there to witness the rabid raccoon biting the shepard, and that would of turned into a tragedy for the next door to you. Sounds like you were at the right place at the right time to prevent that from happening. Sad thing is they will never say thanks you for trying to save their dog, let alone them!
              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
              pics and info

Comment

Wow you had quite a couple days. Glad to hear everything's turned out well. As for the kid's parents, that seems like standard operating procedure anymore. No one takes responsibility for their own actions anymore; it's the other guys fault. That's why our courts are overflowing with frivolous lawsuits. I wish just one judge would start slapping these people with contempt charges for their stupidity. If I make a mistake, I say "hey I screwed up" and take the consequences. Those people are just perpetuating that screwed up thinking in their son. Sorry for the spew but people like that are one of my pet peeves (no pun intended).
                Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
                  Anybodies pets had similar reactions to vaccinations?
                  Yes.

Actually, quite a similar situation as yours.
                  Took my schnauzer in to get her yearly vaccinations (no flea control) and get groomed as well.
                  Since she was getting groomed and that takes a while I normally drop her off in the morning on the way to work and pick her up after work. They called me around 11:00 am to tell me she was done and ready. I picked her up about 5:30 and everything seemed fine. We had been home about an hour and I noticed she was sitting on her bed panting....not normal. I looked closer and both sides of her muzzle were swollen badly as was her right eye and both ears. Her stomach was also bright red and hot to the touch. Same as you, I called the clinic only to find the vet had gone home for the day. I called a friend of mine, his wife is a trained vet tech. and she suggested the benadryl thing. I gave her half of one adult pill and also sprayed some of the topical spray on her belly. After about 45 minutes the swelling had gone down greatly but didn't disappear fully until the next morning.

What doesn't make sense to me is the timing of everything. She had the vaccination in the morning but didn't have the reaction until I got her home. Is it possible that both the clinic AND myself missed the obvious signs of swelling on her face? I can't see how since her right eye was almost swollen closed.

She has had the same vaccinations done at the same clinic since she was a pup and she goes there every other month or so to be groomed. That got me wondering if something in the yard or house triggered it, but she has not had any problems since.

Kira when she was a puppy, she's almost 5 now

Sorry for the thread jack Ken. Pardon the pun but sometimes when it rains it pours...
                  When my cat was sick with kidney failure I didn't have the heart to actually add up all the bills. You just pay them cause it's the right thing to do for your child. I'm glad your pup is doing fine.
                  My DD
                  2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
                    Hey Wolfman, I noticed you said in the original post that you are only allowing the dogs to play with the Kong balls now. My wife, who is a veterinary technician, told me to tell you to be careful about those balls. If you see any cracks or damage to them, take them away immediately because she said that she has lost count of how many dogs have come into the clinic and had to have chunks of Kongs removed from their bowels. She said, "Those things may say that they are indestructible, but they most certainly are not." Just FYI.
                    Sounds like your neighbors got a huge wake up call from that coon. Too bad they don't teach the dog or their kid correctly. Maybe that whole thing could have been avoided if they had.
                    WTF, I hope not man. We just got our APBT a Kong toy. It's not a ball, it's one you fill with food and let him run around with. It's oddly shaped so it rolls all over. He can't play with any other toys, he destroys them within minutes. He hasn't been able to hurt the kong yet. And he plays pretty rough with it.

And wolf, WHAT IS UP WITH THE TREE?? That's nuts. Sounds like you've had a pretty exciting week.
                    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
                      they dont play with kongs, they dont like them. i just have a few larger balls. i always remove any thats been chipped or gets torn.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Jeez, what a week- glad it turned out okay- too bad someone couldn't have stopped the raccoon for a proper rabies test- (then the neighbor would have been all over you for shooting in the neighborhood, no doubt....)

You help the family, helped their neglected pet, and get hassled for your aid- nice neighbors- but I guess you can already see their responsibility by how they take care of their home and pets....

Don't let it stop you from doing the right thing- how else will they learn? I'll give you an attaboy, but it won't do anything for you-
                        2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                        "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Got it removed for 700 buck eh?

couldn't that have made some good firew00d?
                          -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
                          2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Originally posted by sk8boy7789
                            Got it removed for 700 buck eh?

couldn't that have made some good firew00d?
                            no..its was not good fireplace wood... the guys that took it down even said that, otherwise they would have kept it and gave me a discount if i let them.

Comment

Working...
                            X