Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna sell my car, opinions on the replacement please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna sell my car, opinions on the replacement please!

Well, i've been debating whether to keep my car and put alot of money into it to get it all up to par, or just selling it and putting a down payment on something. i want something that it just as fast or faster, but with good gas mileage. any opinions on a car?
    1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Just as fast or faster with better gas mileage is going to be very hard. You can get something faster but with better gas mileage? thats going to be the hard part. Your looking at an SRT-4 modded to be as fast as your LT1 but even then I dont know how the mileage is. Plus the reliability drops once you start adding more boost. The new Evo will be quicker but they are $32k+ but im sure stock it will get good mileage, a little better than ur LT1.

$32,990 2.0L I4 291HP 16/22 mpg Thats horrible on the highway considering its new and all. My car gets about the same as that now in the city and about 27mpg highway going about 75.

Good luck, im sure others will chime in.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

yeah, i'm probably being a little unrealistic about finding a faster car with better mpg. i just want something that will still get up and go, and get above 20 mpg in the city. i can get like $5-$6k for my car. then i can put 5k down and get a loan from the bank to pay the rest. i dont really want to go above $15k. Any ideas on cars i can find in the 10-15k range, that will have good mpg and still be pretty fast? i also prefer 2-door cars
      1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Comment

Well a corvette comes to mind, but i don't know what your financial situation is.
        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

How about a 03 Buick Regal GS w/ a 3.8L Supercharged engine & 52k miles.

Leather
          Power everything
          Super smooth ride
          $9500

30mpg highway
          14.8-14.9 1/4 mile
          No F-Body right now

Comment

Brand New 303-horse v8 GXP grand prix! looks sharp, good mileage (as long as you drive conservatively; which goes for any car )

Another option: Mazdaspeed 3 (5-door hatch) 263BHP 2.3L direct inj. Turbo! 0-60 in 5.6 secs according to Car and driver of Jan this year...... comes standard with a six-shooter transmission!!!!
            i'm sure it gets great mileage as long as you stay out of the boost!

OR......
            drop your LT1 into a pontiac fiero!!
            since fiero prototypes were tested with a V8, so the engine bay could fit that size engine with few modifications.
            -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
            2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Buicks are, My personal opinion some of the ugliest cars out.

Look for an older Grand Prix GTP. Those are the Supercharged models. I know that a slightly modded one will keep up with a stock LT1. They only come in 4 doors but They are nice. I was thinking of getting one just for the space and comfort. An F-body with a drop and All poly bushings is not a nice ride, to say the least.

The Mazda 3's are nice! They can get pretty quick. I raced a modded one a long time ago and it gave me a run for my money.

Also a Vette is a consideration. You can find a 98ish C5 for around 15k. You just have to look. They are out there. Thats what im shooting for in a couple years.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

A GTP would be a good car and there are coupes...

Grand Prix GTP Coupe...
                Greg W. in West Michigan
                1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by RICEATER94Bird
                  Well, i've been debating whether to keep my car and put alot of money into it to get it all up to par, or just selling it and putting a down payment on something. i want something that it just as fast or faster, but with good gas mileage. any opinions on a car?
                  well u can get a 99-04 mustang gt,driver's race with a lt1,looks better then a lt1,and gets better MPG lol

Get a wrx,my dad has one,0 to 60 in 5.7 1/4 14.1,4 doors ,and the good gas mpg,and the turbo really gives u whiplash,u can picks one up around 9,000 g's

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2003/sub...063/specs.html
                  2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                    well u can get a 99-04 mustang gt,driver's race with a lt1,looks better then a lt1,and gets better MPG lol

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2003/sub...063/specs.html
                    That would be downgrading. It looking better maybe, But ill sum it up for you, ITS A FORD!

A WRX is pretty nice but get ready for the Insurence. It cost more than insuring a Vette. Believe me I have asked. Plus keep in mind repair costs. Im sure its not cheap to fix a WRX if something goes wrong.
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                      That would be downgrading. It looking better maybe, But ill sum it up for you, ITS A FORD!

As for the mustang I was joking,but it is a driver's race between a 99-04 mustang gt and a lt1,I ran my friends 95 z28 last week,(slp exhaust and a intake)i beat him both times by the nose of my car,we went from a dig and a roll,i got a vid on my cell,dont no how to post it though

A WRX is pretty nice but get ready for the Insurence. It cost more than insuring a Vette. Believe me I have asked. Plus keep in mind repair costs. Im sure its not cheap to fix a WRX if something goes wrong.
                      the wrx is pretty cheap to fix,my dad's had his for about 5 years,pretty reliabe,very fun to drive,I dont no about the insurance being as expensive as a vet,you are thinking about the insurance for the sti model
                      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

the wrx is pretty cheap to fix,my dad's had his for about 5 years,pretty reliabe,very fun to drive,I dont no about the insurance being as expensive as a vet,you are thinking about the insurance for the sti model
                        Nope, Im talking about the WRX. About 2 years ago I had plans to get a WRX and the insurence was like $250 a month and Thats with no points on my record. A vette was quoted at like $200. Thats for a STI model. As for fixing it, Im sure its pricey if something happens to it. But that can be considered a personal opinion.
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                          Nope, Im talking about the WRX. About 2 years ago I had plans to get a WRX and the insurence was like $250 a month and Thats with no points on my record. A vette was quoted at like $200. Thats for a STI model. As for fixing it, Im sure its pricey if something happens to it. But that can be considered a personal opinion.
                          my dad pays 80 a month for full coverage,and he has many speeding tickets,but he is 52

Comment

This coming from a guy that let his gf wreck his LT1 and now drives a rustang but still hangs out on an F-body forum? OOOOooookkkkkkk!
                            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

[QUOTE=BrdWAtti2d][QUOTE=DHolmes]well u can get a 99-04 mustang gt,driver's race with a lt1,looks better then a lt1,and gets better MPG lol

This coming from a guy that let his gf wreck his LT1 and now drives a rustang but still hangs out on an F-body forum? OOOOooookkkkkkk!
                              I was joking,Im actually in the process off buying a abused 95 TA wright know for 1000 from a buddy,looks like my old one,has 240k but runs okay

Comment

Working...
                              X