Need some help with buyin a car!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with buyin a car!

Okay, i have the opportunity to buy a '95 Trans Am. It has lots of goodies like 383(has the receipt to prove the rebuild), Powerdyne blower running 9 psi, rebuilt 6-speed, new Spec Stage 2 clutch, resurfaced flywheel, and too much more to list. I drove about 3 hours today to check it out, and it is pretty much immaculate inside and out. The only thing is it has 147k miles on it, but the engine is rebuilt with only 20k miles, tranny and clutch have less than 5k on them. This car has been taken very good care of. He says he will sell it for $6,500, but i wanna talk him down to $6k. I think its a great buy, everything on the car is in good shape. What do you guys think, is this a good buy?
    1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

No way! You can get a used LS1 for that price EASY.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

BLOWN lt1 383>>>>>>>ls1
      However, you know it has been beat on.
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

I would go for it ,6k is a pretty good price for a blown lt1,u would be smokin ls1's all day maybe even my stang ,but be ready for many breakdowns
        2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

I'm actually getting him down to $5,500. All it needs is a catylitic converter to pass smog, get registered(damn california law now requires sales tax on used cars, thats $400 just to register!!) About $6,200 and it will be driveable. By the way, it is a just a mild build, nothing radical. But he says it's faster than his friends '04 Z06 with cam,intake,headers, and tune. So should be a high 11 car i'm hoping.
          1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Comment

Originally posted by RICEATER94Bird
            I'm actually getting him down to $5,500. All it needs is a catylitic converter to pass smog, get registered(damn california law now requires sales tax on used cars, thats $400 just to register!!) About $6,200 and it will be driveable. By the way, it is a just a mild build, nothing radical. But he says it's faster than his friends '04 Z06 with cam,intake,headers, and tune. So should be a high 11 car i'm hoping.

Well you could put down a lower price than what you paid for it.....like $1 perhaps
            but that would be dishonest.
            -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
            2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

If I remember right...NJ, perhaps? The sales tax is based on the value of the car. Maybe that's VA property tax that I'm thinking of....
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
              X