NJ Ties Driver License Renewal to Organ Doning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ Ties Driver License Renewal to Organ Doning

Under a new law (moving toward final apporval in the Legislature), before you can obtain a new or renewal driver's license, you are required to check a "yes" or "no" box on the form (can not leave it blank), and if you check "no" you are required to read and sign a statement stating that you understand the importance of organ donation, and are not willing to participate. No checks, no signature, no license!

I think next year they will appoint Fidel Castro as Governor.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Unbelievable.... New York will be next....

Don't get me wrong as organ donation is a great thing, but forcing you to do it, is something else.
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Oh please you have it easy up there!

For organ donation, its a yes or no question. If you check no you have to donate like a buck to organ donation awareness or something.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Within the next 20 years or so, with stem cells and such they'll be able to regrow organs and such. Making donations pointless. They have already done this with a girl who needed her bladder removed. they cultured her bladder cells and grew them into a new bladder (using 3-d printing techniques). Since the new bladder is from cells of her own body there is no chance of rejection. She made a full recovery and is living a normal school life

In the mean time, put up with the no, stupid as it is. But forceably making you donate $1.00, now that irks me. I'd make a call to my state representative and let him know how I feel. Forcing you to donate is not a donation
        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
        pics and info

Comment

Man I am glad I don't live in New Russia or its surrounding pact...Its worse than Komifornia.
          Greg W. in West Michigan
          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
          <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
            Man I am glad I don't live in New Russia or its surrounding pact...Its worse than Komifornia.
            Virginia can be considered worse
            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
            pics and info

Comment

They are part of the pact...East side-pact.
              Greg W. in West Michigan
              1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
              1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
              1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
              1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
              1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
              <Motor out

Comment

i know politics and religion are not a subject you wanna get started when it comes to a public setting but does anyone else see where stem cells might be wrong? isnt this just man trying to act as god? thats honestly how i see it, if god doesnt want you to live past 8 years old, well honestly you shouldnt but thats just my two cents. does anyone else feel the same way or am i the only one out here?
                94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
                94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
                GOT PSi?
                Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1slo_camaro
                  i know politics and religion are not a subject you wanna get started when it comes to a public setting but does anyone else see where stem cells might be wrong? isnt this just man trying to act as god? thats honestly how i see it, if god doesnt want you to live past 8 years old, well honestly you shouldnt but thats just my two cents. does anyone else feel the same way or am i the only one out here?
                  Well, I have a problem with embryonic stem cells, but not with the use of adult stem cells.

As for the "two cents," may I assume that you have never been vaccinated against diseases. After all, if God "wants" you to have polio (or cancer, poor eyesight, tooth decay or dandruff), who are you to will otherwise?

Unfortunately for Napolean, Wellington had bigger guns.
                  R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Could we just stick to the topic, and not turn this into a histrionic "stem cell" debate. Kinda sorry I even posted this.
                    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

O well things are just great in the south.
                      Blazer

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                        Could we just stick to the topic, and not turn this into a histrionic "stem cell" debate. Kinda sorry I even posted this.
                        Yeah, you're right.

What next? A notification on the license application that states: "By obtaining this license, you give your consent to participating in the organ donation program."

Vi ist der staat, und vi know vat ist besten fur du, nein?

NEIN!
                        R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

At least we still have some of the "cheapest" gas prices (if you could call it "cheap"). I always hated the full-service-only though. And it's always a pain to get fireworks for the 4th in NJ.
                          Matt

1998 Firebird 5-speed
                          2005 Pontiac Sunfire 4-door 5-speed

Comment

Working...
                          X