No announcement yet.

List 5 things you've done that most others haven't

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Graduated high school in 1990 (top 1% in Bench/Military/Squat)

2. Worked for the feds and two state governments (unfortunately)

3. Turned laps at PPIR in a Winston Cup car, crashed hard at Rocky Mountain National Speedway (dirt track)

4. Doctoral Candidate

5. Married an awesome wife and bought land overlooking the collegiate peaks in the Rockies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: I thought my X was the daughter of Satan...the $30,000 legal battle for 50% custody of my son three years after doing 50/50 must put her in the running.
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Hmmm...

1. Had 30 stitches, 2 concussions, 1 broken nose, 1 cracked collar bone...and all before the age of 10. LOL Not surprisingly, people at the hospital thought I might be abused. But, no...I was just willing to try anything. No fear, whatsoever. Including climbing up on top of a box that was on a chair that was sitting on a trunk, at 6, just to that I could feed the fish that were in a tank on top of my bookshelf, only to come crashing down on the footboard of my bed headfirst. Not to mention wrecking my bicycle and sliding 10 feet on my face on the concrete...I think I was 9. It didn't stop when got older either...working at a grocery store stocking overnights, got cut on my leg down to the muscle about 3 inches long by a box cutter....long story, 4 staples. Plus crushed my finger in the door of a cardboard baler...6 stitches...nerve damage. Plus numerous razor cuts. Unsurprisingly, now that I am older...I cringe when I see kids doing anything even remotely dangerous.

2. Married a girl I met online...from a different country....moved to said country, went throught the immigration process (legally!), became a permanent resident, and lived/worked there for 4 years.

3. Stayed married through almost a year of living in different country from my wife while she went through her US immigration.

4. Saw a U.F.O. too! Not saying there were little green men in it, but it was like a star moving very fast in one direction, then rapidly changed direction multiple times. Watched it for like 5 minutes, wondering what the heck it was. Still wonder if I was seeing things.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

1. Dated a married woman and her daughter at the same time
        2. Drove 175 mph in the silver state run
        3. Didnt pay taxes for a year.
        4. Given myself over 5000 injections(MS meds)
        5. Been married 3 times
        2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

1. Been in the cockpit of a B-2 bomber. Unfortunately (or maybe that's fortunately) not when it was flying. Still cool though.

2. Got whacked in the head, between the eyes, by the corner of a concrete sidewalk. Yes, that takes talent. (I fell.) Plastic surgeon told me if it had been a couple millimeters in another direction it would have pushed my skull into my brain.

3. The Blue Angels buzz the house in Pensacola on a regular basis. Mom lives about two miles from Pensacola NAS. Nothing like having your own private airshow when you go home.

Other than that, my life is generally boring.

2001 Camaro V6, stock

Comment

1) fit 78 stops worth of trash on a fuso with a 8Ft by 5FT by 15 FT body

2) fit 52 stops worth of trash on a 4WD fuso with a 7FT by 4FT by 8 FT body

3) Been in a B-2 Bomber when it was flying

4) Work for the mafia(CT people will get the joke)

5) Pulled 3 Ford tucks outta the mud with my old dodge
            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Guess I'm normal

1) Lost a baby-brother to drug-abuse, three years ago. Please believe me, it' can kill you!

2) In '98 I T-boned a white-tail deer at 65 mph on a Honda 750, wearing jeans, a t-shirt, boots & helmet(no glass, no bags, no fairing)- the deer was inches from my hands! Got up & walked, then rode the bike to my friend's house 3 miles away! BTW- Road-rash is a terrible thing! But thank God, that & twisted ankle was all I got!

3) Bench-pressed 215 lbs when I weighed 125 lbs (freshman in HS). Wow! I just realized...that was 80 lbs ago!

4) Drove my Z28 convertible from 20's & snow in KC to 88 degrees in the Florida Keys, all the way along both coasts of Florida & back to KC- & more snow(about 4000 miles for the odometer!), by myself- without a map or hotel reservation! Decided to go on Friday & left early Saturday am.

5) Have been over 150 mph on bikes & in cars, starting BEFORE I was 16 yrs. old with a 1977 Datsun 280Z being the first car @ 160 mph! (It was kinda slow starting, but it sure would fly on the top!)
              BTW- I was in 1 bike wreck at 90+ mph (totalled bike, I slid off highway into a stand of trees feet first- OUCH!), & 3 car-wrecks (totalled one- a 430 cid Buick!), which excludes the other 10-12 where I wasn't the driver, all of which occurred BEFORE I was 18! I haven't found the top on my '94Z, yet. I've only had it up to 150+ (buried the speedo, so I don't know...)

Have seen the ocean from every side of our great country; have gone thru basic-training (boot-camp)- I served my time!; have been shot at with rifles & shotguns (on purpose!); have eaten rabbit, squirrel, oppossom, racoon, deer, duck, goose, & catfish- all at the SAME keg-party; been with more than 2 dozen women; have shot rapids in Colorado's Arkansas River; Have caught several large-mouth bass that were over 7.5 lbs- all in the state of MO! (not the Florida-strain, just 'good-ole midwest fish'!); have hair over 12" long (Yep! Right now!), have never met my biological-father; have heard the voice of God (I'm NOT crazy!), have gone 180* in my life (from criminal/drug-dealer to Christian that doesn't drink (anymore), smoke ("), fight ("), steal ("), or do drugs (")!

I guess that I'm just a 'normal midwesterner' too!

Comment

Thanks to the Navy for providing most of these!

1. Flew an E-2C Hawkeye after launching from a carrier.

2. Drove an L.A. class submarine

3. Conning Officer on a Spruance Class Destroyer

4. Jumped off a 40' platform to catch a trapeze bar 10' out (harder than you think, platform was only 1 foot square..caught it with one hand)

5. Visited 15 countries or territories around the world
                Joe K.
                '11 BMW 328i
                '10 Matrix S AWD
                Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 99 Zeee!!
                  4. Jumped off a 40' platform to catch a trapeze bar 10' out (harder than you think, platform was only 1 foot square..caught it with one hand)
                  I did that. Except I did not make it haha. My platform was the top of a telephone pole. You had to climb up it and stand on top of it. Standing up on the pole was harder than jumping by 100X.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

1) Driven my Z28 to its top speed of over 155.

2) Got an exclusive tour of the Wisconsin state capitol, including a trip to the very top of the dome which is the 4th largest in the world. Only maintenance staff are allowed up there.

3) Got an exclusive tour of the USS Cobia, a WWII submarine on display in Manitowoc Wi. We slept on her as part of a cubscout adventure and in the middle of the night the employees took us on a special tour and gave us free access to everything including the conn and all the below deck hatches.

4) Took my snowmobile over 110mph.

5) piloted a 30' bayliner in Green Bay during a horrible storm with 10' waves craching over the bow while my mom cried for our lives in the cabin and my dad tried to comfort her.... at age 17.

6) Ran the Hot Rod Power Tour in 1996 and 1997 in a 1995 Z28 I had at the time. Went from Madison to LA, to Mt. Clemens Michigan and back to Madison. That's a lot of driving!

7) got married on a cruise ship

8) Built a duplex in 1998, I acted as the general contractor with the help of my father. We did much of the work ourselves. We lived there for 5 years, still own it and rent it out.

9) Built another duplex in 2003 in which we still live. I completely finished the basement myself after we moved in.

10) Drove the Z28 to Florida and vacationed in Key West, camping on the water during a severe thunderstorm in a tent next to the car. I thought we were going to blow away, the tent was being blown so hard it was nearly flattened.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:
                    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I don't really have much.

1. Was with my pops in his Viper while he raced a motorcycle up to 160 MPH on the parkway.

2. Was with my dad when he wrecked that same Viper.

3. I don't know if this qualifies, but I think it's pretty cool anyway. I took this picture on a ferry ride out to the statue of liberty in 3rd grade. That was in '94 or '95

4. I asked Matt Serra to triangle choke me and after looking at me like I had 6 heads, he complied. My neck cracked about 6 times, but after I stood up I felt like I'd just gotten out of the chiropractor's office.
                      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                      SOLD- Kinda miss it
                      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                      SOLD- Good riddance!
                      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

In sixth grade field trip, 1966, climbed to the Tiara on top of the Statue of Liberty- the arm holding the torch was closed at that time

Saw the B1 bomber and one of the space shuttle being built at my dad's job, in Downey, CA

Drove a rental motorcycle all over Oahu, including Pali Pass

White water rafted the Mendenhall river from the Mendenhall glacier, Alaska

Rode out hurricane Hugo in 1989 on cruise ship to NYC from Bermuda- 30 foot swells, I was very drunk, didn't care

Put 50,000 accident free miles on my BMW motorcycle before I quit riding it

Rolled a dump truck while dumping a load in a landfill
                        2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                        "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
                          Rolled a dump truck while dumping a load in a landfill
                          That had to feel like it lasted about 10 minutes. I saw one take a spill on TV when dumping a load of rocks and it was like it was in slow motion.
                          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Yes, real slow-motion at first- like when a tree starts to fall. I was dumping barrels of welding flux, pretty much like sand- they were banded four on a pallet, a double row of pallets maybe 3 or 4 deep- I ran the bed all the way up, and, rather than sliding out, the pallets got twisted, and jammed- I left the racks up, and put it in the creeper gear, and popped the clutch to break them free. When I did that, being in a landfill, one side of the axle ran over something that tipped the truck just a little. With the racks up high like that, it didn't take much.... Timber! Aw, @$$#@- Tried to call dispatch from my radio, didn't work- so I had to foot it to the landfill office, and call my boss- he tried to make it sound like I was horsing around, but I wasn't, really- just trying to do my job. I was in terror after than any time I tried to dump wet, heavy snow that would sometimes stick. Another trick was to back up a couple mph and spike the brakes. Sometimes the front wheels will come off the ground-
                            2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                            "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

I can flawlessly fillet both sides of a 40 pound alaskan halibut in less than 4 minutes *ka-brag*
                              -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
                              2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Working...
                              X