No announcement yet.

Time to say goodbye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh...nevermind...it's just called the Sport now.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Well I'm back from the stealership. I spent a couple hours there and ended up getting the HHR LT. Once I saw it I just had to get it.

This car is perfect for my dog and my gigantic model airplanes if I want to throw them in the back and head out to the airfield. I really wanted stick but there weren't any in this color anywhere near the 200 mile range within the state, but its still fun to drive.

I got it right out of the shoowroom. The orange peel is amazing on this thing! I've looked at every color they had but n0ne of them came close to this one. I got it in Sunburst Orange II Metallic. Gotta love the chrome rims too! It gets 410 miles on a full tank with the 172-hp 2.4L ECOTEC engine!
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Good luck with it...
        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Wow. A guy I work with has the EXACT same HHR.

Comment

I like the color I love the ride height, getting into and out of the vehicle was a breeze. My grandmother loves it also. That 2nd level in the trunk is a great idea!
            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
            pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
              I like the color I love the ride height, getting into and out of the vehicle was a breeze. My grandmother loves it also. That 2nd level in the trunk is a great idea!
              The first feeling I got when I sat in it was I thought I was in the space shuttle. I definetely love the ride height; not too big and not too low.
              Hercules

Comment

Nice, DJ!

My wife had the exact same car except hers was red. We had it for a little more than two years. Sold it at the end of last summer.

The sound system is actually really nice, and the dash is clean. I always loved the LED light that shines on the radio at night.

Good luck with it!
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I like it! It looks sharp and the color is great. Not too fond of the interior though.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Only way im gonna sell mine is on Ls1 M6
                    1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Ya know, this thread got me thinkin'. I find myself on autotrader looking at cars that I don't like, that I would have called "gay" last year. But I'm with Taso. I think I might put my car up for sale here soon. Nice car DJ. 410 miles to a tank beats the hell out of 220 miles per tank. Good for you man. I can only imagine how tough it was for you to part with your car. If you're anything like me with my car, it's a tough, tough, tough decision. Unless I start making some fat cash real soon here, I might have to get rid of my car. I'm with the DJ.
                      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I'm at the point where I'm putting my TL up for sale. It gets decent mileage, but I want a four instead of the six.

I just went down and test drove a 2003 WRX 5-speed. That car was a ton of fun and it gets about 32mpg if driven kindly. I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger.
                        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                          Ya know, this thread got me thinkin'. I find myself on autotrader looking at cars that I don't like, that I would have called "gay" last year. But I'm with Taso. I think I might put my car up for sale here soon. Nice car DJ. 410 miles to a tank beats the hell out of 220 miles per tank. Good for you man. I can only imagine how tough it was for you to part with your car. If you're anything like me with my car, it's a tough, tough, tough decision. Unless I start making some fat cash real soon here, I might have to get rid of my car. I'm with the DJ.
                          I had my eyes set on a Cobalt since April. I went to the dealership last week and had all the paper work down and ready to be signed the next day when I would come back with my trade-ins. But there was one very important element I left out: my dog. Where was I going to put him? He didn't fit in the front seat of my Alero any more and the back seat was too small as well. The T/A was out of the question. If he had a hard time in the Alero imagine the Cobalt! That's how I decided on the HHR and it was a great decision.

The main reason I sold my car was for gas. I just coudln't afford to fill it up any more and with all my mods I was lucky to be getting 10 mpg! Another reason is I guess I just grew out of the sports car age. Sure it was a blast when I was in my late teens, early twenties but I'm gonna hit 28 this Summer and the 'drive' for it just wasn't in me any more. I guess that explains why I haven't driven it in 2 years besides the gas prices. It was a great car and I will miss it. I actually said goodbye to it right before I hopped in my HHR and drove off the lot.

Herc absolutely loves it. He's got so much room in there it's like he's in a five star hotel. He's got his pillow, a chew toy and a great view to go with it.

Originally posted by Steel2686
                          I'm at the point where I'm putting my TL up for sale. It gets decent mileage, but I want a four instead of the six.

I just went down and test drove a 2003 WRX 5-speed. That car was a ton of fun and it gets about 32mpg if driven kindly. I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger.
                          My brother wanted me to get the WRX wagon since all his cars he owned were Subarus. They're great cars for the winter. Can't go wrong with AWD!
                          Hercules

Comment

I'm all about doing what you gotta do. However did you really have to trade in your t/a. how much did they give you for it maybe 4K if that. I bet it had been paid off for a long time too. So all it cost you was just a bit of cash to do up keep. why not keep it around. and if it was tuned properly it should get way better than 10 mpg. I understand what you are going for I just don't see myself getting rid of my car for ANY reason close to that.

On a brighter note I love the color. and good luck with it. should've waited on the 5-speed though.
                            '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
                            '00 T/A Silver
                            '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Some people feel different about their cars. I actually wanted to trade it. I felt it was time to let it go. I've been debating about it for a little over a year. I've had it for 12 years and for the past 2 years it's just been sitting in my garage collecting dust. When my Alero started failing on me this past winter, I knew it was time to do something.

I had a selling price of 6k for my TA if I were to sell it localy. The dealer gave me 5k + 2k for my Alero. That's 7k, plus 4k I put down = 11k. I got my HHR for 20,740 including all the options. 11k - 20,740 = $9,740.00 (not including tax, fee's, etc). I financed the car for $8,933.24 at 6.1%. I got an instant $2,500.00 cash back because of the 72 hour Chevy deal. I had an option of getting 0% financing or the cash back. I choosed the cash back with 6.1% financing because at the end it's cheaper. My payments are 151.77 a month for 72 months.

If I ever do get another sports car its going to be a Vette...just don't know when
                              Hercules

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                                Some people feel different about their cars. I actually wanted to trade it. I felt it was time to let it go. I've been debating about it for a little over a year. I've had it for 12 years and for the past 2 years it's just been sitting in my garage collecting dust. When my Alero started failing on me this past winter, I knew it was time to do something.

I had a selling price of 6k for my TA if I were to sell it localy. The dealer gave me 5k + 2k for my Alero. That's 7k, plus 4k I put down = 11k. I got my HHR for 20,740 including all the options. 11k - 20,740 = $9,740.00 (not including tax, fee's, etc). I financed the car for $8,933.24 at 6.1%. I got an instant $2,500.00 cash back because of the 72 hour Chevy deal. I had an option of getting 0% financing or the cash back. I choosed the cash back with 6.1% financing because at the end it's cheaper. My payments are 151.77 a month for 72 months.

If I ever do get another sports car its going to be a Vette...just don't know when
                                Sounds like a good plan to me!
                                '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                                '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                                '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                                '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                                '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                                My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                                Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X