I how much for a gear install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I how much for a gear install

I am currently putting 3:90 gears in the stang,what is a good install price the cheapest Ive found is $400,but this seems two much,what do u guys think,ive heard $250 is the going rate on forums ive looked at,
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Its about $300 average. It takes a lot of time to do gears.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Depends what's included. Who is supplying the "install" kit - crush sleeve, bearings, shims, seals, lube, etc? If the installer is supplying everything but the gears, that's an OK price. Figure $100 less if you supply the parts.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
        Its about $300 average. It takes a lot of time to do gears CORRECTLY.
        There. Fixed that for you...
        My DD
        2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
          There. Fixed that for you...
          Thank you

Took me and my brother (first timers) about 8 hours of laying on our back to do a bearings rebuilt kit on my car.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
            Depends what's included. Who is supplying the "install" kit - crush sleeve, bearings, shims, seals, lube, etc? If the installer is supplying everything but the gears, that's an OK price. Figure $100 less if you supply the parts.
            I was going to supply everthing,all the shop was going to do was put in the gears and adjust my speedo ,with a speedcalibrater i have to supply,Ive called other shops and have been quated $900 just for the install,but in a turn of events last night I might be selling the car for a ls1,my chick isnt even helping me pay for it,cause she doesnt have a license,Im going through proplems with her crazy a$$,so if i can find a ls1 around 8 grand I will buy it,with my gears and all my mods im probaly just as fast as a stock ls1,whats the point of modding a stang??????
            2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
              I was going to supply everthing,all the shop was going to do was put in the gears and adjust my speedo ,with a speedcalibrater i have to supply,Ive called other shops and have been quated $900 just for the install,but in a turn of events last night I might be selling the car for a ls1,my chick isnt even helping me pay for it,cause she doesnt have a license,Im going through proplems with her crazy a$$,so if i can find a ls1 around 8 grand I will buy it,with my gears and all my mods im probaly just as fast as a stock ls1,whats the point of modding a stang??????
              I know a guy selling a 2000 TA for 9K. ha ha hah a

P.S. It was a bad idea going into buying the car thinking she would help you pay for it.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                I know a guy selling a 2000 TA for 9K. ha ha hah a

P.S. It was a bad idea going into buying the car thinking she would help you pay for it.
                there's a few other reasons's that I would rather not post,but yeah should have gotten a ls1,but i got to give it to the stang it is pretty reliable and it is a looker,just not that happy with it ,thats why i was getting the gears,how many miles on ur freinds TA,what color,what mods,the stangs worth 10k

Comment

there's a few other reasons's that I would rather not post,but yeah should have gotten a ls1,but i got to give it to the stang it is pretty reliable and it is a looker,just not that happy with it ,thats why i was getting the gears,how many miles on ur freinds TA,what color,what mods,the stangs worth 10k
                  I'm guessing his "friend's" T/A is listed under his signature.
                  SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                  Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                    I'm guessing his "friend's" T/A is listed under his signature.
                    ha ha ha ha
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

well by the time I sell the stang,(If i do )if u still have ur bird,im down

Comment

well by the time I sell the stang,(If i do )if u still have ur bird,im down
                        It will be ha ha ha.
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

what do u guys think about this very interested cause I can sell my stang,get this and have extra money

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&cardist=232

Comment

That's one pretty good deal. Take off those awful rims and clean up the headlights. I would ask though about the "lots of upgrades", however.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Joshu
                              That's one pretty good deal. Take off those awful rims and clean up the headlights. I would ask though about the "lots of upgrades", however.
                              I second that one. Get rid of those POS rims, and ask about the "Lots of upgrades."

Chances are its all modded and runs like dog DooDoo.
                              Eddie
                              2000 M6 Trans Am
                              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                              X