R/C Boat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R/C Boat

I just picked up a Prather Commander II deluxe at a garage sale for $100 complete. (it's a $1500 boat) It's the early model with the 23cc engine, before they went to the 26cc engine. I've torn it down and cleaned and polished everything and it is starting to look really nice. I've run it and it is a blast!

This is my first "big boat" model. I've owned electric boats, but this is new to me. What should I look out for?
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

"What should I look out for?"

logs in the water..........

and sharks..........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Beware of RC submarines.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        Beware of RC submarines.
        No way they could keep up. I'm hitting 40 mph!
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Don't forget to watch for those battleships that shoot BBs...
          Greg W. in West Michigan
          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
          <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
            No way they could keep up. I'm hitting 40 mph!
            don't be so smug there, captain.

I've seen all sorts of RC watercraft that shoot torpedos, BB cannons, air projectile cannons, all sorts of off the wall scaled down ways to sink the opposing ships. It's pretty darned fun watching these RC battleships unload on each other. And yeah...... they actually sink each other by blowing holes in the hulls. I've often thought about getting to the local RC boat pond before eveyone else and putting a sub in there. Just hang on the bottom until suitable prey gets into range.

Comment

Almost forgot. Make sure the prop/props are balanced, no wobble in the shafts and keep everything well greased.

Comment

Almost forgot. Make sure the prop/props are balanced, no wobble in the shafts and keep everything well greased.
                So I need a prop balancer? I'll look into that.
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:

Comment

Props come balanced from the factory. You only need a balancer if you build your own.
                  Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                    Props come balanced from the factory. You only need a balancer if you build your own.
                    Well......
                    I've seen perfect out of the package props that were out of spec. Your call.

Comment

That is one heck of a deal. Get that thing airbrushed to look like a real racing boat. I had an Aquacraft nitro hammer for awhile, it was pretty neat but I always wanted a larger scale. Awesome deal! Goodluck post some pics!
                      1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Post some pics!
                        Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                          Post some pics!
                          yeah................

Comment

yeah................
                            Holy Moly!!! I've been saying that for like 7 posts!!!lol
                            Greg W. in West Michigan
                            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                            <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
                              Ouch...

Yeah..... pics.

I saw a guy on the lake yesterday with a RC nitro burning drag boat. He built it himself from scratch, says it tops 90 mph. It was impressive. It threw up a pretty good rooster tail and hauled butt. made some noise too. I don't know about 90 mph on the water..... it looked like it was on the verge of being an airplane at about 60. Still it was a blast to watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X