Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally time to share a pic of my new project.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally time to share a pic of my new project.......

I've been low key about this, I figure it's time to share a pic of what has kept me busy over the last month. A good friend is buying the 93Z, so it's on it's way out. The 94 Camaro has been working fine and as long as it's behaving, there's no need to yank a powertrain. So by selling off a few items as well as the 93Z, I'm sorting out a new playtoy.

There's lots of "Little issues" that will take some time to sort out. The powertrain is solid so no worries there. The electrical system...... well, that's another issue. It's an interesting story, I got it from the proverbial farmer who thought her could paint it in his barn. He did.

Needless to say, it's going to need alot of TLC for it's new paint job down the road. For now, it will keep and I won't worry about a scratch or chip. There are some runs, some orange peel, some areas had poor prep. Not too bad, it looks better on film than in reality. From 4 feet away, it's not bad. 40 feet and it's a stunner.

Is that a real 308 or one of those kit cars?
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

It looks like a fun toy.. keep us posted on the progress and good luck with it.
      2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
      1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
      2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
      2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
      2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
        Is that a real 308 or one of those kit cars?
        It's a Pontiac Fiero that has been re-skinned. (I'm 99% sure)

Is it stock wheelbase?
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Nice, Joe!

Now that you brought it up to us, you have to keep us updated with every move. Otherwise, you'll get a lot of this:

SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

You guys are pretty close. It's a 328 rebody on a fiero chassis. There's no need to alter the frame on this conversion as the 328 and Fiero wheel base is only 1mm difference. It's dimensions are exact enough that Ferrari items like lights, grilles and such are a direct bolt on.

This one is missing alot of the front end parts like the proper turn signals, fog lights, all kinds of stuff. The wheels are temporary too.

The new dash is mostly done, I'm still dealing with wiring of the gauges. I haven't started on the center console yet so no "Fiero" jokes. LOL!
            The dash is from the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO from the early 90s, it fits quite well in place of the Fiero dash. there's still a bunch of work needed there, when it's done it should look like OEM..... from somwhere. It's kind of a blend of European, Japanese and American in looks.

The gauges are VDO, all done in a custom panel that fits within the factory cluster area. It's a nice blend of looks that seems to fit well without breaking the bank account. With the lights on, it's definatly much brighter. Fieros were know for dim dash lights.

Comment

Sweet project! Now all that is left is to paint it red, grow a bushy mustache and wear a Twins hat, and call yourself "Magnum".

You're Tom Selleck!

SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                Sweet project! Now all that is left is to paint it red, grow a bushy mustache and wear a Twins hat, and call yourself "Magnum".

You're Tom Selleck!

Not!

More like Larry the Cable Guy. No red either. Everyone gets them in Red, Yellow is pretty rare and really screams out. I never used to like yellow, but ever since getting that 84 Fiero I got hooked.

Comment

I know what you mean. I used to HATE silver on anything. Now? It's my go-to color. I like the all business-like, subtly of it.
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

Comment

From Hasselhoff to Selleck. I guess we can debate if it's a step up or down.

Very nice. I've seen some over the years around here but only driving by, not up close.
                    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I know what you mean. I used to HATE silver on anything. Now? It's my go-to color. I like the all business-like, subtly of it.
                      That Acura is the cat's @zz in silver. I love those exhaust tips fit flush into the body. The lines of the car are great.

Perhaps the hardest choice is the wheel and tire combo. There is the "original" look with 14" wheels and tires that are fairly narrow. That's how they came back in the 80's. Or... the more modern lower profile, (I said lower, not rubber bands on 22" trash can lids) I'm thinking 17x9 front, maybe 17x11 rear. There's a bit of rear fender area that can cover some steamroller rubber. one thing is for sure, I'm not going to be shelling out big bucks for custom alloys. I'll creatively figure out a way to make things work well on a budget. I also want a decent ride quality, so there must be some sidewall height.

Comment

Stock motor? Shoehorn a northstar V8 in there.
                        2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Originally posted by msfyter
                          Stock motor? Shoehorn a northstar V8 in there.
                          Not exactly. It's a .020 over 2.8, some mild headwork and cam. Probably about 25HP more than stock. When it blows, it's SC 3800 time! A Northstar fits, but forget about changing the plugs in the car. It's a bit too tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                            That Acura is the cat's @zz in silver. I love those exhaust tips fit flush into the body. The lines of the car are great.

Perhaps the hardest choice is the wheel and tire combo. There is the "original" look with 14" wheels and tires that are fairly narrow. That's how they came back in the 80's. Or... the more modern lower profile, (I said lower, not rubber bands on 22" trash can lids) I'm thinking 17x9 front, maybe 17x11 rear. There's a bit of rear fender area that can cover some steamroller rubber. one thing is for sure, I'm not going to be shelling out big bucks for custom alloys. I'll creatively figure out a way to make things work well on a budget. I also want a decent ride quality, so there must be some sidewall height.
                            I actually thing that car would look sweet with some decent sidewall height. Something along the lines of the original....

SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

Comment

I actually thing that car would look sweet with some decent sidewall height. Something along the lines of the original....

You are correct. That's the stock 14" wheels and the sidewall heaight does look balanced on the car.

However..... a larger wheel and slightly shorter sidewall can look good.

Tough choices.

Comment

Working...
                              X