Earthquake!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthquake!!!

We just has a nice roller. It was a 5.8 about 20Miles west of us. Not to shabby. Im at work, The warehouse started shaking pretty good. All in all it was about 20 seconds. Weeeeee
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

bbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvv vveeeee soul, living on a faultline.

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
      We just has a nice roller. It was a 5.8 about 20Miles west of us. Not to shabby. Im at work, The warehouse started shaking pretty good. All in all it was about 20 seconds. Weeeeee
      i didnt feel nothing
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        bbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvv vveeeee soul, living on a faultline.

When I worked in Arizona they used to tell me to buy property there. Eventually, California would fall in the ocean and I would have ocean front property.

Glad you're ok.
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Yeah it was nothing to bad. its been years since he have had a decent shaking.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080729/...nia_earthquake
            2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

I've only been through a few small earthquakes here in CT. When I say small, I mean 3.9 and 4.7 respectively. To Californians, that's a small aftershock.

I'm glad it wasn't a big one. Hopefully it remains quiet for a long time.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

It was weak. I know its kind of sick but I was hoping for a stronger one. We have not had a decent one since like I was in the 3rd grade. That was over ten years ago. This one was Strong but it didnt last long.

I laugh when people say Calfornia people are crazy for living here. You know 1-2 earthquakes every ten years, with no real serious damage is more than fine considering we have some of the best year round weather in the US. Plus we never have to worry about Flash Floods, Torandoes, or hurricanes. 22 years living in the same place and nothing has ever happened.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Your memory of the Northridge 'quake seems to have faded. I lived in Valencia, and we had major damage to our house. Several houses in the neighborhood were damaged beyond repair. A couple of recently built office buildings had to be torn down. Lost water, gas and electricity. Slept in my car with a sidearm for 4 days. The only zip-code that had more damage was Northridge itself. I drove the I-5 bypass for 4 months, sitting in traffic for hours while major portions were reconstructed.

My family left CA within a week. I waited until I found a job on the east coast and then came back. I spent all the time alone fixing the house, repairing smashed furniture and possessions, and trying to find a buyer for the house. I lost $70,000.

Not too fond of CA.
                  Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

True, I was about 9 when that happened. That was about 14 years ago. I would say the east coast has had more hurricanes in that period than 1 decent quake. Plus central US worries about torrandos .
                    Its a trade off I guess.

Either way yeah I know that It was a big one and caused a lot of damage. Sucks. I think just a couple things at my house broke.
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

The "east coast" is a broad term. Florida.... hurricanes are always a consideration. NJ.... maybe some wind and rain, but no damage in the 67 years that I have lived here (except for stays in TX - got hit by a tornado; and CA - the 'quake).

If you want to discuss CA some more, let's talk about Santa Ana winds, huge fires and mudslides. In the brief time I was in CA (about 3 years) I saw them all. Couple that with the inferior schools in the upscale community I lived in, and the spill-over crime from Mexico and I think it really sucks.... JMHO.
                      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                      X