• My car vs '06 Stang

My buddy has a 2006 Mustang and has been wanting to race. He has:
    Headers
    Exhaust
    Short shifter
    Intake
    TB
    4.10 gears- 6 speed

My mods are in my sig. I read that those stangs pull 275RWHP stock, With mods he should be around 300hp i would say. He is running on 18" Street tires and me on 3.42 gears and 16" wheels.

Weight on his is Right under 3500lbs
    Mine 3600LB race weight

Say we both Hook right what do you guys think will happen? My guess would be He will launch on me due to the Gears then will fall on its face, which is when I would start to pull. In the 8th im sure he will beat me, but In the 1/4 I think I would pull.

What do you guys think?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

If you both hook, it should be you by a slim margin IMO.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Every time they test the newer Mustangs, they seem to run in the 13.5- 13.6 range. With the work he has done, I would probably put my money on him
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Take it to the track and find out
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I say you will get him by a couple cars.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

norm why dont u jump in the mix just as a u kno a balance
            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

welp, most of your mods are suspension....but..you do have the hp edge stock... its gonna be close...thats for sure... your prob will be launch and traction..he's got the bigger footprint.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

4.10 gears and 18"s tires = SPINCITY! Are they drag radials?
                2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                  Every time they test the newer Mustangs, they seem to run in the 13.5- 13.6 range. With the work he has done, I would probably put my money on him
                  Keep in mind when a mag. or something tests cars, they have Ideal Conditions when they run those times. Also its always a professional driver. I think in the case of the LS1 F-bodies, The fact that they were under-rated so bad is the cause for them to run the actual times they claimed.

For him, Lets just say its his first manual car. I tend to doubt he can shift as good as me, nor launch as good as me (and thats not being cocky).

Ken has a point, He does have the bigger footprint but he is running a little thinner tire than I am so I think I might have an advantage there.

I think it will be close but as long as I hang with him the first 100ft I think it will be downhill for him and ill come up on top.

Originally posted by msfyter
                  4.10 gears and 18"s tires = SPINCITY! Are they drag radials?
                  Negative, We will both be running street tires.
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I have 3.42's in my A4 with 295's 18" on the rear and i spin like crazy still
                    2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Originally posted by msfyter
                      I have 3.42's in my A4 with 295's 18" on the rear and i spin like crazy still
                      Stock HP? Hmmm Sig? ha ha ha
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

you are right..you hang with him the first few hundred feet and you will start to walk after that... ls1 is a torque making baby...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I hang out on a mustang forum,a 2005 plus stang with those mods will run low 13's high 12's all day
                          2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                            I hang out on a mustang forum,a 2005 plus stang with those mods will run low 13's high 12's all day
                            I have a hard time believing that one. I dont know. I could be wrong but its hard to believe with those mods, they would be into the 12's. Most Brand Spankin new mustangs are running high 13's if that.

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                            you are right..you hang with him the first few hundred feet and you will start to walk after that... ls1 is a torque making baby...
                            Thats very true, But that torque is at high RPM. Last time I ran my car I went up against a S/C S2000 Honda. He got me off the line, Mid track I was next to him and kept walking after that. Torque, Its all about displacement.
                            Eddie
                            2000 M6 Trans Am
                            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                              Last time I ran my car I went up against a S/C S2000 Honda. He got me off the line, Mid track I was next to him and kept walking after that. Torque, Its all about displacement.
                              let me tune it and drive it. I'll bet I can get that thing to do a 1.9 60' time.

Comment

Working...
                              X